Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Going to Grizzly superstore in Springfield MO, what should I not miss

Although the showroom is pretty neat, it is well worth buying a big tool just so you can go across the street to the actual warehouse to pick it up. That is a massive facility, and the amount of crated tools in there is nothing short of staggering.

I was a bit disappointed when I got there, thinking that the showroom would be the size of a Wal Mart. Not quite that big! But it is the biggest tool store I've ever seen and it sure is a great place to spend a couple hours.

As for Lamberts....Best food in the world. Several miles south of town on 65 highway. That place has a gravitational pull that makes my truck pull off the highway every time. If you go during lunch or dinner hours you're crazy. I'd go at 3:00'ish...Less chance of having to wait too long unless it is a weekend in which case you might as well eat somewhere else. The chicken fried steak is to die for. Really, it'll kill you. (take cash....I'm thinking they don't take credit/debit)

Oh, don't forget to go to the clearance section in Grizzly. I had been there 3 times before I realized off to the left by the example shop they have setup is a haven for tools that were returned, scratched or otherwise marked WAY down.

Leave some gold coins in the fish pond that's inside.
    I'll fish the coins out next time I'm there.

No report from yesterday? Maybe Loren's still loading up the truck!

Hopefully he's still throwing coins in the pond.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Moyer View Post
    No report from yesterday? Maybe Loren's still loading up the truck!
    He is probably too buys setting up all the tools he bought to come post.

What not to miss....lol THE BANK on the way there...lol. I hope to be going in a couple of weeks.

I managed to make it back from Grizzly without having to dip into the kids college fund, but it was tempting. It was really great to be able to see all the tools in person & close up. I didn't buy the 636x bandsaw, but I sure do want one now after seeing it in person, its massively built. I did buy a wooden top chest tool box that had a cracked mirror in it out of the clearance section off to the side of the main showroom & 3 HTC mobile bases for $15 each. Its a good thing I don't live close or I would be in the clearance section every week. I did expect it to be bigger than it was, but most all the equipment was on display so I don't really know what else I was expecting. I did get to see a guy count out 90 $100 bills for his purchase that day, I thought that was kinda interesting. Maybe I'll get some pics up later of what I bought.

Thanks everyone
    Loren

another +1 for Lambert's Cafe. It's only about 20min away, but WELL worth the trip. (and you just drove 5 hours, what's another 20 min.)
    Go AFTER you get done at Grizzly. you can admire your haul from a window seat.

Leftovers alone will cover snacks on the ride home and dinner when you get back.