Thread: Cutlist Plus

Question Cutlist Plus

For those who have purchased Cutlist Plus, have you found a reason to have the Silver edition instead of the Standard edition? I already have the "reader" version but the limitations of that version dictate an upgrade. Was just wondering if the Silver edition was worth the extra cost ? Thanks
    Dan McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Dan McLaughlin
    For those who have purchased Cutlist Plus, have you found a reason to have the Silver edition instead of the Standard edition? I already have the "reader" version but the limitations of that version dictate an upgrade. Was just wondering if the Silver edition was worth the extra cost ? Thanks
    The major reason why to license the "Silver" edition is to provide enough capacity for components in something more than a simple project. It also helps Todd have the funds to continue to develop and update this great product. So...IMHO, the extra investment is good, both for the functionality and to support the product. It's incredibly low priced for what it does, too.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I whole heartedly agree with Jim. I have have the Silver edition and have used its extended potential a lot.
    If sawdust were gold, I'd be rich!

Byron Trantham
    Fredericksburg, VA
    WUD WKR1

Hi Dan,

I have been using the standard edition and found it good enough for my own personal needs. However, I can see the benefit of having the silver version if I was ever to start larger projects (kitchens, large entertainment centers, etc).

I can say that it is a great program, easy to use, with all the features I needed. My interest has been mostly in euro-32 cabinets, and CutList Plus is, imo, an absolute requirement. I wish it had a cabinet designer module, but I kinda built my own in Excel and it works well good enough for what I am trying to do.
    Be seeing you,

Jerry [Road Warrior] /smc

Cutlist Plus

I purchased the standard edition and I LOVE the program. It is an amazing progam for such a reasonable price. I will upgrade to the silver when I need more capacity, so far standard has met my needs. One thing is nice. You can upgrade later for just the difference in price between the version you purchased and the version you upgrade to.

Hey guys,

What is this cutlist program you are all talking about? Can somebody post a link or something?

Cutlist Plus

The program name is Cutlist Plus I think you can find it at www.cutlistplus.com

Thanks John

Cutlist Plus

Some things I like about this program

Optimizes cutting for plywood panels
    Computes board feet for rough lumber based on the parts list.
    Optimizes layout for parts on deminsional lumber
    Calculates the cost of the project based on all componets in the project.
    Easy to change the wood species of the project to recalculate costs.
    Central database for my lumber prices, hardware parts, etc.
    It has many capabilites that I have not had a need for yet.

My wife and I do woodworking as a hobby for family and friends, so it is not used to compute labor cost, although it can be done.

John

I started with the standard edition and up graded to the Silver edition to increase my capacity for extended projects. I love the program and Todd does an excillent job with upgrades and has never failed to assist me with questions regarding the software.
    CutList is well worth the investment and I highly recommend the software.
    Last edited by Don Selke; 10-16-2004 at 12:33 AM. Reason: spelling
    Good Luck:
    Don Selke

Julius A. Dooman & Son Woodworking
    My Mentor, My teacher. "Gone but not forgotton"

Thanks for all of the responses. I decided to get the Silver edition. also just install a licensed version of Sketchup. I had downloaded the 8 hr trial version and had enough success (and fun) with it that I decided to pull the trigger and get the licensed version. Now the LOML is waiting for the TV Entertainment Center design (with flipper doors) for our 60" projection TV
    Dan McLaughlin