Thread: Dust Adapter for Bosch sander???

Question Dust Adapter for Bosch sander???

I am about to do a whole bunch of sanding with my Bosch 1295DVSK sander. I would like dust collection at the source.

I spent $13 with shipping to get the $4 vacuum adapter (RS006). Now I see that I have to spend $29 with shipping to get the $20 hose (VAC001) because the adapter is for a 19mm hose and my shop vac takes a 2-1/2" hose.

Is there any adapter that would go between the new adapter and my shop vac hose? This is a 19mm to 2-1/2" adapter? How about a cone of duct tape.

My lungs are worth a total of $42 but it just seems like a lot of money to fit my sander to my shop vac hose.
    Veni Vidi Vendi Vente! I came, I saw, I bought a large coffee!

Thank you. I'll try that second one. The 19mm adapter is just over 1" on the outside, so even if I have to duct tape the two together, I'm willing.

Though it ain't purty, I've used all kinds of plumbing connectors and duct tape to transition from one size hose to another for DC. To me, the important thing is that it works. I realize that some people want it to look nice, too.

Hope you find a solution for your problem.
    Stephen Edwards
    Hilham, TN 38568

"Build for the joy of it!"

Blog Entries
    I use a long hose kit from Ridgid/Home Depot (about $14 with various attachments) and the standard Bosch adapter. Slips right on and doesn't fall off.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Glenn, I took the standard Bosch adapter to Home Depot, found the long hose kit for $17, but the adapter for the hose kit is exactly the same diameter as the adapter, so it won't connect on the inside or the outside of the Bosch adapter.

It just sits there and mocks me, but I am trying to be strong.

Luckily, I have a championship wife who told me at lunch to just spend the money and get the hose that is made for it.

Blog Entries
    Sorry about that Brian; curse that vile mocking hose . I see the HD website no longer shows the hose kits I bought(???). Glad I got a spare. Having the hose actually made for the sander will be hard to beat anyway .

I've been abusing my 1295 for a few years and just love the thing. Klingspor sells a re-branded version for $49.95 and I am thinking of picking up a spare. At that price I could hardly fix my current one if it should ever die. I am always disappointed when a tool I really like gets discontinued . . .
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

near San Diego: unincorporated section of county
    I had the "official" Bosch hose and it was so long and so narrow that I had almost no air flow through it and dust collection was mediocre at best. I ended up cutting off a 5' section of the hose, reconnecting the ends and using it that way, but then my sanding stroke was pretty limited.

James

19 mm hose connector

Bosch sells the VAC002 adapter which connects a 19 mm or 35 mm tool port to a 1 1/4 or 1 1/2 hose...only user complaint on the Bosch hose is that there is a loud wind noise. Jim Gerus

It has been a few years since I bought it, but I have a hose that came from Sears. It fit my vac that uses a 2 1/2" hose and fits the Bosch adapter on the other end. Not sure if they still make it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Kent View Post
    Luckily, I have a championship wife who told me at lunch to just spend the money and get the hose that is made for it.
    No, no, don't do that Brian! How will I copy your re-engineered solution then?