Thread: Thread Count for Fence Stops in Jessem Router Lift

Thread Count for Fence Stops in Jessem Router Lift

The title just 'bout says it all. I can't find the tightening bolts for my Jessem router lift's fence. So before I go buy every thread size available, can anyone tell me the size and thread count of the bolts used to tighten the fence to the table?

I don't know the model #....it's an aluminum table, says "Powermatic" on it, came with the saw.

Thanks for your help.
    Walt

Walt,
    It is difficult to help you without more info. I have the Jessem router lift in a router table, but my fence is made by bad dog. I dont think there is any connection between the lift and the fence. Is the table made by Jessem? Given your last sentence, are you referring to the saw fence? On your Powermatic table saw?
    A picture would be most helpful.
    Mike
    From the workshop under the staircase, Clinton Township, MI
    Semper Audere!

Smile

Mike....I took the plunge and bought several different thread combos.....turns out I needed a 1/4"-24. I'm out about 64 cents in extra fasteners.
    The table is made by Jessem.....it's embossed on the plate. It also says "Powermatic:" I'm pretty sure that this is some option offered by Powermatic/ WHM / whomever.The fence for the router is the same shade of anodized aluminum as the router table, and is (obviously) a different thing entirely from the Biesemeyer fence for the saw.

At any rate, I think that I met the criteria necessary for an informative thread title.

Walt.

Walt, now can you 'splain to me what type thread measures 1/4-24??!? National coarse (uss) for 1/4" is 20 threads per inch, and National Fine for 1/4" is 28 threads per inch. Curious... Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Pater View Post
    1/4"-24
    Are you sure? That's a really weird size, 1/4-20 would be "normal". Don't think I've ever seen 1/4-24 ...

http://www.boltdepot.com/fastener-in...Bolt-Sizes.pdf
    Last edited by Cliff Holmes; 01-15-2010 at 8:17 AM.

Jessem is a Canadian company.. so it could be a Metric bolt.. However, it sounds like your looking for a bolt for a Powermatic Fence ?

Glad you found what you needed.
    Mike
    Last edited by mike holden; 01-15-2010 at 9:08 AM. Reason: .
    From the workshop under the staircase, Clinton Township, MI
    Semper Audere!

1/4"-20 then. Maybe I got it confused with 10-24. I don't know my fastener lore. "That" aisle in the hardware store makes my brain hurt.

But the fence is on and working....must return to shop. Walt.

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Pater View Post
    1/4"-20 then. Maybe I got it confused with 10-24. I don't know my fastener lore. "That" aisle in the hardware store makes my brain hurt.

But the fence is on and working....must return to shop. Walt.
    Walt, you need to get a set of these for standard and metric, they are great.

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=21999