Thread: Best instructional books & DVD's on Kitchen Cabinet Making

Best instructional books & DVD's on Kitchen Cabinet Making

Hey guys, please list your Top 2 Kitchen Cabinet Making Instructional Books and DVD's. I'm looking for In-Depth (i.e., not a 20 minute YouTube or 15 page brochure).

1) Top 2 Books:

2) Top 2 DVD's:

I've been accumulating DIY books and so far have found the following 2 to be most helpful:

"The Complete Kitchen Cabinetmaker" by Bob Lange
    "Building Kitchen Cabinets" by Udo Schmidt

Thanks-
    Scott
    Scott Vroom

I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.

C'mon guys!
    Scott Vroom

I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.

Norm's DVD is valuable in my opinion http://www.newyankee.com/getproduct.php?0801-0809

Do a search on Youtube and you can find segments of these videos.
    Hello, My name is John and I am a toolaholic

Hi John, thanks. Yeah, I just stumbled on a preview of the NYW kitchen series....$100 for 9 DVD's. This does look a good one. They're out of stock and new copies will be avail Jan 25.

I own 2 books that I've found useful:

"Building Kitchen Cabinets" by Udo Schmidt

"The Complete Kitchen Cabinetmaker" by Bob Lange (photo's are old B/W and not easy to see).

Again, thanks!
    Scott Vroom

I watched and recorded all of those (well all the ones that my crappy PBS affiliate aired). I don't have anything other than some stuff I checked out from the Library to compare it to, but I'll be using them as a guide when my wife gets me started re-doing the kitchen.

Quote Originally Posted by John Gregory View Post
    Norm's DVD is valuable in my opinion http://www.newyankee.com/getproduct.php?0801-0809

Do a search on Youtube and you can find segments of these videos.

Build Your Own Kitchen Cabinets

My first choice for a book is also Danny Proulx's book, "Making Your Own Kitchen Cabinets." My second choice is the same as my first. Danny's system works for me. I liked some of the things Norm did when doing the kitchen, especially making sink base 26" deep, instead of 24." Makes it a lot easier to install plumbing, and clean between sink, and back splash.