Thread: How to identify Ryobi table saw

How to identify Ryobi table saw

Greetings from a new member of this forum! It looks like a very active forum with a ton of good information for a guy like me who is just getting started in woodworking. I inherited all the shop equipment and supplies from my dad after he passed away, and I'm in the process of setting up my workshop in my garage.
    Can anyone help me identify the model of my table saw? I would like to find an owners manual for it. It is a 10" Ryobi Precision Cutting System. That is the only identifying information on the unit. I have looked all over the machine and the stand and cannot find any type of nameplate information such as model number, electrical rating etc. I know it's a 115 volt system, but I cannot find any nameplate on this machine. Any help would be appreciated. In addition, where can I download or purchase an operators manual for it? I would also appreciate your comments on the quality of this saw. Who sells accessories for Ryobi machines?

Pics?

Welcome to SMC!

If you can upload some pics of the saw, we may be able to help more, but it sounds to me like one of the BT-3 series possibly. Have you looked on the motor itself? There almost has to be a nameplate on the motor!

As far as accessories, don't know about Ryobi specific ones, but many brands of accessories should work with the saw!

Sorry to hear about your dad, but nice to hear you are inheriting his hobby! Hope you stick around here, you will learn a lot so fast your head won't stop spinning!

Ryobi Precision Cutting System is a BT-3000 series saw. Depending on age it could be a BT-3000, BT-3100 or BT-3100-1.

Check out BT3central dot com website for great info and support.
    Ebay also has a lot of parts if you search BT3000 or BT3100

Oh, yeah, the BT3 central website also has links (within the forum) to download-able manuals and an excellent FAQ. You'll have to poke around the BT3x00 related discussions.
    Last edited by David Kuhnen; 01-15-2010 at 1:49 PM.

Dave and Dave:
    You nailed it! Based on a review of the manuals it is a BT-3000. I now have the manual. The BT3central dot com has a ton of information. Thanks!

Dan,

I highly recommend you join BT3Central and ask Loring (LCHIEN) for his FAQ, it's more informative than the manual if you plan to hold onto the saw (he only sends it to members who PM him).

The BT is a little quirky for some people but I absolutely love mine.