Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New table saw all set up and ready to eat wood

New table saw all set up and ready to eat wood

Well after long delays and indecision a table saw has arrived in the garage. I'd been drooling over grizzlys for awhile but the price was a bit much for me. I almost gave in and bought a Ridgid but my wife said it was ok to go with a grizzly if I'd wait a little while to save up. Then lo and behold a few weeks after Christmas her parents pull up at our house and say they need help unloading some things. I walked outside to see a grizzly crate in the back of his truck that was my new table saw. Apparently it was supposed to be given on Christmas but flooding here in central Ark trapped it on high ground on his farm.

Once the electrical was run for the beast I spent most of the last two days scrubbing cosmolene off and assembling the saw as I had time between work, church and other commitments. I took off work today to finish up and here she is, a brand new G1023SLWX. My wonderful wife then produced a mobile base and Incra 1000HD to go with the saw she'd been hiding. Needless to say I was blown away and near speechless at the late Christmas surprise!
    IMG_1363.jpg IMG_1364.jpgIMG_1365.jpg

I've already run some cherry and oak I had through and it slices it up like a dream. Now I have to clean my garage/shop and run some dust collection. Then the projects can begin. As you can see in the background of the pics, it is a mess in there right now. But a good mess, filled with boxes from tools, rags from cleaning cosmolene and sawdust from test cuts.

Great present, congratulations! Pardon my ignorance, but can you tell me more about the fence extension. I assume it's cast iron and the hole is for a router? What size is the fence?
    Peace,
    kevin

This above all: to thine own self be true

Congrats!!! Good things come to those who wait.........
    I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger....then it hit me.

Merry Christmas!

Ooh! It even has a cast iron router table extension! Enjoy your new machine.

Congrats on the new saw. How do you like the Incra HD?

MK

The fence is 42" long and has a 26" rip capacity. The table extension is for a router (has clamps and two throat plates) to be mounted there. Here is the saw's info from grizzly: http://www.grizzly.com/outlet/10-5-H...-Saw/G1023SLWX

I'm loving the incra, makes me want to splurge and buy an incra router fence as well

Congrats on the new saw Derek!! I'd say you married ok there! Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

I agree Jim, as they say around these parts, "They are good people"

Oh ya, now that I don't have to buy a saw I could become a contributor here.. not quite the same price but it seemed the right thing to do with all I've learned lately.

Congrats!. How do you like the mobile base? I was looking at one for my vintage Unisaw but all the reviews I saw said the wheels were bad and the base wouldn't support near the advertised capacity. Any truth to that?

Congrats. Why type of mounting does the router extension have for the router itself, I have always wondered.

Another congratulations on the saw. Several years ago I bought a used Grizzly with the long extension table but I would love to have the router extension. Another upgrade you might also save up for is the Shark Guard. This guard is really great on that saw!

Thumbs up

Great saw, great story. Congrats Derek!
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

Congrats, nice saw. Great wife and inlaws.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Gilmer View Post
    I agree Jim, as they say around these parts, "They are good people"
    Derek, I'd have to agree with that!!

BTW....is that a *necktie*???? Here on the Creek? Wow....this place is really moving up in the world....
    I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger....then it hit me.

Derek,

I can see why in your avatar you have such a big smile!

Congrats...first on the family....2nd on the saw! Both are huge gloats!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....