Thread: SMC Swap Meet Rescheduled

SMC Swap Meet Rescheduled

I am terribly sorry to have to reschedule the SMC Swap Meet we had planned for October 23rd but due to circumstances beyond my control it is impossible for me to host the event this week. It is extremely rare for this type of thing to happen to me but due to an unbelievable amount of work that has come my way recently with a delivery schedule which is almost impossible I cannot adjust my shop schedule to accommodate the event.

Most of you know that I have just ordered a new ShopBot CNC router and I have been adjusting some of my other equipment in my shop these days to gear up for a huge workload that is on the way. I have just over a year left at CNU building a new Student Center until I return full-time to my workshop. Until then I am working both jobs and the new sign work that is coming my way has launched my shop into the mainstream sign business so to speak.

The good news is that I plan to host the Swap Meet twice each year, in the Spring and Fall and I should have a much more impressive display this Spring to share with everyone. I hope that during the Spring Swap Meet I will have some work to share with you that involves the new facility that is just being built at Mariners Museum for the USS Monitor as I have an opportunity to submit samples of my work to the Construction Company in charge of building the new facility.

I have had some success attracting some special activities for the Swap Meet and they all have agreed to attend in the Spring so I am already well on my way to making the Spring Swap Meet well worth the trip for those who can attend.

Once again I apologize to everyone for having to cancel this event with such short notice.

Keith

Where and when will the next swap meet be held.
    Thanks,
    Bob

Bob,

I'm thinking the second Saturday in May and October for our Swap Meets. Both months offer mild temperatures which I think make the experience more enjoyable.

Keith

Sounds great. What city?

Gloucester County, Virginia just off of Route 17 near the Colman Bridge.