Thread: Mounting Milwaukee 5625 Router in table

Mounting Milwaukee 5625 Router in table

Okay, so now I have my Milwaukee 5625 router in my hands ($180 from Sears, combo of 10% off day at sears and bing 20% cash back).

What is the best way to mount it to a router plate? I have a phenolic plate that is not drilled.

Any tips on mounting the router? My plan was to use the clear plastic ring that came with the base and drill the 4 mounting holes, then drill the T bar hole..
    Jeff Sudmeier

"It's not the quality of the tool being used, it's the skills of the craftsman using the tool that really matter. Unfortunately, I don't have high quality in either"

I just finished attaching a Kreg phenolic plate to my Makita 3612BR today. Remove the stock baseplate from the router and tape it to the bottom of the phenolic plate. It's important to figure out which way you want the router to face when it's mounted in the table (location of plunge lock, on-off switch, etc.) so give that some thought before drilling.

The Kreg came with a handy clear plastic template that had a series of concentric rings on it. You use the rings to center the stock baseplate, then tape it all down to the phenolic plate. Lacking that template, make precise measurements with a good ruler to center the stock baseplate in the center of the opening in the phenolic plate. After you tape it down with masking tape, it pays to check again with the ruler (measure twice,...). I drilled mine with a benchtop drill press, but if you are very careful you can do it with a handheld drill. I also installed a Router Raizer in my Makita today, and doing both the RR and the phenolic plate was an all-day job.