Thread: Skype opinion?

Skype opinion?

OK, I have a daughter living / working in the Terks Caicos Islands doing horse "stuff". Needless to say her mother misses her and they do correspond via Facebook and e-mail. The daughter said today that she is gearing up and going to be using Skype. I know nothing of Skype.

What do I need to please my wife in terms of setting up a Skype system. Please bear in mind I am not keen with computers. Or should we just stay with what we have and are familiar with?? Thank you!

Bruce

Get a headset with microphone.
    Download Skype and install it. Create a free account.
    Run it and search for your Daughters nickname on Skype.
    Call her up.
    Last edited by Myk Rian; 01-17-2010 at 8:12 PM.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

They make Phone for Skype Phone service.
    Just Google skype and skype phones

I have used it once, at a family reunion where a member age 96 couldn't make the trip. It was quite funny to share her amazement at seeing the party
    on her grandaughter's laptop. Worked very well I thought, but watch out for
    other people speaking in the background.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

Get a webcam. You can find them pretty cheap now ($20-30). Then you can video conference.
    "If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably a wise investment."