Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Avatar change

My beloved Corvette looks like this now
    So I am changing my AVATAR to my face - dunno which one is the uglier picture
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Rodney Gold, Toker Bros trophies, Cape Town , South Africa :
    Roland 2300 rotary . 3 x ISEL's ..1m x 500mm CnC .
    Tekcel 1200x2400 router , 900 x 600 60w Shenui laser , 1200 x 800 80w Reci tube Shenhui Laser
    6 x longtai lasers 400x600 60w , 1 x longtai 20w fiber
    2x Gravo manual engravers , Roland 540 large format printer/cutter. CLTT setup
    1600mm hot and cold laminator , 3x Dopag resin dispensers , sandblasting setup, acid etcher

Blog Entries
    Well, that's a real shame, right there... the vette, not your pic Did you zig when you should have zagged?
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

I'm very sorry about your avatar.

Rodney

Sorry, but I don't know of any good cosmetic surgeons.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Some drunk guy skipped a red light , he's not insured and neither was I. No one hurt.
    So , some Rhinoplasty required..........
    Im prolly going to have to import a whole vette front end and graft it on , I can get the panels from Ecklers but its the mounting stuff thats gonners , I drove the car 3 miles home so it's ok re steering and engine.
    Ah well....
    Tekcel 1200x2400 router , 900 x 600 60w Shenui laser , 1200 x 800 80w Reci tube Shenhui Laser
    1600mm hot and cold laminator , 3x Dopag resin dispensers , sandblasting setup, acid etcher

Ouch! My condolences.
    Longtai 460 with 100 watt EFR, mostly for fun. More power is good!! And a shop with enough wood working tools to make a lot of sawdust. Ex-owner of Shenhui 460-80 and engraving business with 45 watt Epilog Mini18.

Two words.....

DUCT TAPE. Don't forget to vent for airflow.
    Last edited by Mitchell Andrus; 01-18-2010 at 2:59 PM.
    "I love the smell of sawdust in the morning".
    Robert Duval in "Apileachips Now". - almost.

Laserpro Spirit 60W laser, Corel X3
    Missionfurnishings, Mitchell Andrus Studios, NC

Like the new Avatar, sorry about the car. I remember how sick I was the day my 'vette was totaled, and all I had to do was go right down the street and pick up a new one. Good luck getting the parts and getting your baby back up and running.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

"Vette Problems

Hi Rodne;
    Anything we can do on this side of the pond-let me know-major 'Vette place just down the road from me and plenty of parts in NY junkyards nearby.
    Best regards;
    George
    LaserArts

Sorry about your nose matey, looks okay on the photo, more than I can say for your motor which is looking pretty sad.
    Epilog 45w Helix X3/X5 Corel Microflame Generator (flame polisher) Heat Bender

George,
    I think I remember hearing about the Vette place in Victor, I may have been by there a time or two.
    Rodney, upgrade to a Cobra!
    Brian Robison
    MetalMarkers
    Epilog Mini
    Rabbit 1290

Sorry for the vette. Glad to hear no one was hurt. I wish you luck in getting all the parts needed I'm sure you can get it in like new shape before I do mine. Only 5 yeas so far.
    Last edited by James Rambo; 01-18-2010 at 10:07 PM.
    EPILOG LEGEND 32 60 WATT, CORELDRAWX5, PhotoGraV2.11, strip heater, PUNTA GORDA, FLORIDA

Ouch east coast rust. Might be ahead coming out west and getting a rust free body then fixing that one sorry to say.
    Rodne is lucky that his is fiberglass a good man could bond it back together just takes time. Plus custom race parts might be easier to find down under.

I might take you good folk up on your offer to help , basically I'm looking for a 1980 corvette complete front clip and my problem is I'm like 10 000 miles away so cant view anything....
    At any rate , I have some other cars that need repairs so am most likely going to leave the vette alone for a while and have a look at it at the end of this year - I promised my wife a cruise from Rio to Antarctica in December 2010 so will have to apply funds to that...

there are hundreds of Corvette clubs is the US and they used to be made here is St. Louis so if I can be of any help tracking anything down for you just give a holler.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7