Thread: Festool CT22-E Shop Vac Eval.....PICS

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Festool CT22-E Shop Vac Eval.....PICS

Greetings from Arkysaw.

This is one of my intial reviews of more tools and accessories from the Festool line of tools for the woodworker in mind.

Here's the review of the Festool CT22-E Shop Vac.

Packing: The vac came well packed and was well protected during shipping.
    A/C Adapter: The vac came with an electrical plug adapter to allow common hookup to the U.S. type electrical 110V outlets.

Appearance: The vac appears to be very well made and up to the more commonly remarked "high Festool" standards. The inside of the vac is very well thought out and the <b>1 micron</b> filters are located in the top-rear of the vac, just above the location where the internal materials bag is located.

The rear wheels have locks to prevent the vac from rolling around without you really wanting it to move around. The front wheels are larger than the most common shop-vac type wheels. All the wheels are made of the same material as the vac, plastic.

The lid is held shut via two side clips/levers and the top half of the vac raises up for easy access for bag changing. The top of the vac has two Festool style clips to secure the Festool Systainer to the top of the vac so you can roll the vac and tool(s) around easily. I even lifted the vac and the circular saw together by the Systainer handle and carried them from the house to the shop just to see if it was strong enough to carry around as if I was on location at a job site. This worked very well, secure and easy. In this fashion, the vac, saw and any other Systainer'd tools could be stored all in the same foot print as the vac. Very handy for many that have tight spaces in the shop or garage and have limited storage space for tools.

How loud is the Vac? Well, let's just say that it's a LOT quieter than any vac that I have (2 shop vacs, 1 standard screaming shop vac and a Shop-Vac Quiet-Vac) and it's even quieter than the LOML's vac in the house. Running at full power, you can still carry on a normal conversation without having to raise your voice to talk over the vac.

<B>Joe Meazle</B> helped me work on evaluating the Saw, Vac and GuideRail System from Festool. Thanks Joe....you were a big help.

Now on to the pics and I'll make more comments further down.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Dennis Peacock; 10-20-2004 at 9:09 AM.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.