Thread: Anyone use/have the Bosch 3931A Airsweep?

Anyone use/have the Bosch 3931A Airsweep?

I am serching for a new hand tool duct collector vac, I am down to the Fein and Festool, but just came across the Bosch Airsweep. It is more expensive than the Festool or Fein! It does have some interesting features like a filter shaker to keep the suction up and a switch to run on 15 or 20 amps (a non-issue for me) along with several other interesting ideas. Who knew the German's sucked so much?

I saw a Hilit vac similar to Pulse-bac, had a feature that made this loud bump noise every so often which was a back flush to help unclog the filter(s).

I thought this was interesting and I noticed that the Festool CT33 has a "manual" hepa filter combo that you can pump and it vibrates the fins of the hepa filter to help it become unclogged.

I found that after a half full bag of sawdust from sanding and sawing... There's no dust outside the filter bag nor on the hepa filter. So I think that's why festool didn't think to integrate any type of backflush pulsing... because they didn't need it with their style of vacs.

Now if only Dyson or somebody would come up with a cyclone/hepa shop vac that doesn't use bags and is quiet... People would buy it if it's $600 as long as it has best in class suction, no filters to replace, and doesn't sound like a jet engine. I think I had to pay like $35 for a 5-pack of bags for the CT33. Then there's the re-usable CT33 bag which costs more than most shop vacs...

Check out CPO Bosch, http://www.cpotools.com/factory-reco...tart=2&q=3931A they have factory refurbished units for $499.99 with free shipping. Both new and refurbished tools come with CPO's 30 day money back guarantee, and 1 year Bosch warranty. I've bought most of my Bosch tools from CPO all for them refurbished and have had no problems.
    The speed of light is much faster than the speed of sound; is that why some people look so bright until they say something?

Don't have the Bosch, but you may want to add this to your shopping list.
    http://www.ultimategarage.com/shop/p...oducts_id=3528

check the prices