Thread: I confess....

I confess....

Forgive me for I have sinned..... Took a trip into Seattle today and went into Cross Cut Hardwoods and drooled over all the beautiful pieces of wood, then actually left WITHOUT BUYING ANY OF IT!!!!! I actually muttered to my wife something about already having enough wood in my shop that I'm not using now...... I'm so ashamed of myself. And this was even AFTER going into the high-end art supply house next door on her behalf and waiting patiently while she engaged in her version of toy-shopping, then happily presenting my debit card to pay for her purchases......

(Of course, I did find myself pulling into WoodCraft a little later, but that's a different story)

If you drool on the wood, don't you have to buy it???
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

nooo...... I think that's what they mean by saying "It's got nice figure".

aint no bad wood..... just some better than others...lol

:d:d:d:d:d:d

My LOML has learned to say "keep moving" whenever I stop at a tool display or wood display. I'm trying to learn how to develop that hurt, poor, unloved, I'm going to cry if I don't buy this look. So far it isn't working.

The Little Tennessee River near Knoxville.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Sharpe View Post
    ..........drooled over all the beautiful pieces of wood, then actually left WITHOUT BUYING ANY OF IT!!!!!
    I actually muttered to my wife something about already having enough wood in my shop that I'm not using now......

Hopefully, now you will have incentive to use up your wood on some projects.
    Retired, living and cruising full-time on my boat.
    Currently on the Little Tennessee River near Knoxville

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Bilello View Post
    Hopefully, now you will have incentive to use up your wood on some projects.

SACRILEGE!!!! Go wash your mouth out with soap!

I'll bet your wife says the same thing about shoes. " I already have enough shoes that I don't use already so I'll pass up getting another pair."

Can you have toooooo much wood in the shop?
    Who knew your could have so much fun with such a small chunk of wood

Drool helps bring the grain out. And you still didn't buy it?

-Jeff
    Thank goodness for SMC and wood dough.

Isn't that how you get a good look at the figure if you don't have Mineral Spirits or Naptha with you?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    If you drool on the wood, don't you have to buy it???

It's no sin to exercise restraint. Contrary to popular opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Bullock View Post
    I'll bet your wife says the same thing about shoes. " I already have enough shoes that I don't use already so I'll pass up getting another pair."
    Actually I am truly blessed in that the LOML doesn't have any expensive vices (like shoes). She was just delighted to go in the art supply store and indulge her passion at about 1/10th the cost of my usual wood purchase. And she just smiles indulgently when I spend a ton o cash on wood or tools. Maybe she was dropped on her head or something (after all, she willingly hangs out with me) but I feel truly blessed.

and yes, drool IS God's provision for those of us without mineral spirits handy to bring out the grain.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Sharpe View Post
    Forgive me for I have sinned..... Took a trip into Seattle today and went into Cross Cut Hardwoods and drooled over all the beautiful pieces of wood, then actually left WITHOUT BUYING ANY OF IT!!!!! I actually muttered to my wife something about already having enough wood in my shop that I'm not using now...... ...
    I'd suggest that you see a doctor ASAP. You must have some kind of exotic illness.

Seriously I have to admit that I did the same thing last fall. I visited a place here in Southern California that has giant slabs of highly exotic woods. I think the cheapest slab I saw was around $3,000. When I showed them to my wife and commented as to how beautiful they were I got that "don't even think of it" look. Most of the time she's very supportive when I find some wood I really like. Now, if I could only get her to stop coming up with projects around the house so I can starting making furniture with the stash I have.
    Don Bullock
    Woebgon Bassets
    AKC Championss

The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.
    -- Edward John Phelps

on the bus

Woodworking is just another seat on the addiction bus!

I have my ticket.

Brian