Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Turning Wood Hauler

The bed to my pickup looked like that back in 1993. I think you probably can haul more than that one piece of timber in that big ole truck.

Bernie,
    Nice!! And I'll bet it has a trailer towing package for those special logs that you just can't pass up

Looks Great Bernie!

I think you should make a SMC wood trip and gather wood as you go near Creekers. If you get near me,
    I have some cherry with your name on it.
    A few hours south of Steve Schlumpf

Swing on by Bernie and I'll throw a couple logs in. Nice truck!

35 Miles From Lake Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg
    Best selling truck in New England - nice truck

Sid, you don't really mean good ol' Fix Or Repair Daily, do you?

Nice truck Bernie. That will haul lots of turning blanks and grandkids. Where in NC does the kids live? I live in NC - stop by and I'll add to the wood haul. I just cut a few chunks of Bay.

Turning Wood Hauler

Bernie,
    where in NC? Stay in touch and I'll fix you up.Have a great trip, real nice truck although I don't see a Blue Oval.
    Greg

Congrats on the new wheels, Bernie.

I'll second Cody's bed liner comment. Maybe the spray on kind?
    It’s only work if somebody makes you do it.
    A day can really slip by when you're deliberately avoiding what you're supposed to do.
    Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side and it binds the universe together.

Nice looking ride. Agree with all the others about the bed liner suggestions. Enjoy.

Thank everyone for the kind comments. I am excited and hope to make several trips. Don't know where to start. Yes it will have a bedliner in it. I am going with the Bed Rug. Doesn't soak up any type of liquid including they tell me battery acid and it is easier on these old knees as it is made of closed cell foam. Everything can be washed right out as it doesn't even soak up water. It even seals the tailgate. I am going with a bed cover also on it from Retrax. Expensive but have seen a few from 6 yrs old to 8 months old and even the oldest still works remarkably well.

Sid I didn't care what I got. To me they are all about the same but didn't want a foreign one. I went into the dealers told them I wasn't wasting my time and that I planned on going to 4 dealers in the area. I said whoever puts the smallest number on the bottom line will get my business. I told them I wouldn't be back if the numbers were to big. The Chevy dealer here in town beat Ford and Dodge by $4100. I don't know maybe he was hungrier than the rest. I figured I could spend that as well as they could.

Beside had to save some money somewhere as I see Robust came out with a new lathe or at least I hadn't seen it before. The Liberty for $3650 1 1/2 hp.
    Last edited by Bernie Weishapl; 01-26-2010 at 9:28 PM.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Bernie - now that you have a truck - you can go to Wisconsin and pick up your new Robust in person and save on those shipping charges!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

That is if I don't have the banker with me!!!

I just saw that new one in Woodturning Design. Looks pretty good.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Hey - you got a big truck - get the big one!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Bernie I was just kidding about the F O R D although I am a Ford man. As some of the others said, be sure to have a bed liner sprayed in. I had one sprayed in my F150 when I got it 3 years ago and it still looks like new.

Sid
    Sid Matheny
    McMinnville, TN