Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Turning Wood Hauler

Understand Sid. I you were joshing. I just don't like to dicker like others. Like said when I buy I said make your best deal cause that is where I am going. Also Sid I am putting in a liner. It is a Bed Rug.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Bernie, that is one nice wood hauler. Color me green with envy. Congrats again on the retirement. I retired in July of last year, moved, and set up a new shop. I am in seventh heaven. Everyday is Saturday. What a Hoot!!

Took the same approach on a new vehicle a few years ago. Told each dealer I was going to buy a new vehicle TODAY, so offer your best deal because I was going to every dealer in town and was driving home in a new vehicle TODAY.
    First dealer I visited called me later in the day and said he could probably beat the offer he had given me earlier if I would come back, sorry I said I'm driving my new vehicle home as we speak. He said that I hadn't given him a chance......What part of TODAY did he not understand.
    Congrat's on your new truck. Bet you park that beauty way off by itself when you go to stores that have shopping carts in their lots.
    Who knew your could have so much fun with such a small chunk of wood

That new truck sure beats the way this Russian hauls his wood.

http://www.finewoodworking.com/item/...umber-in-a-car

Sid
    Last edited by Sid Matheny; 01-27-2010 at 3:39 PM.
    Sid Matheny
    McMinnville, TN

Congrats Bernie, that's a nice retirement vehicle. Looks like it will haul a lot of wood and grand kids.
    What part PA will you be visiting?

Now you're talking Bernie!

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie Weishapl View Post
    Thank everyone for the kind comments. I am excited and hope to make several trips. Don't know where to start. Yes it will have a bedliner in it. I am going with the Bed Rug. Doesn't soak up any type of liquid including they tell me battery acid and it is easier on these old knees as it is made of closed cell foam. Everything can be washed right out as it doesn't even soak up water. It even seals the tailgate. I am going with a bed cover also on it from Retrax. Expensive but have seen a few from 6 yrs old to 8 months old and even the oldest still works remarkably well.

Sid I didn't care what I got. To me they are all about the same but didn't want a foreign one. I went into the dealers told them I wasn't wasting my time and that I planned on going to 4 dealers in the area. I said whoever puts the smallest number on the bottom line will get my business. I told them I wouldn't be back if the numbers were to big. The Chevy dealer here in town beat Ford and Dodge by $4100. I don't know maybe he was hungrier than the rest. I figured I could spend that as well as they could.
    Beside had to save some money somewhere as I see Robust came out with a new lathe or at least I hadn't seen it before. The Liberty for $3650 1 1/2 hp.
    It can't get much better than a new truck, retirement, and a maybe NEW ROBUST. All the best sir. Have a great life.

Bob
    Bob Hainstock

Sure it does'nt say "Oneway" on it, but it rolls in reverse too. Great hauler! Congrats Bernie and thanks for getting the economy out of the recession :-)
    ----------------
    Mike

They say money does not grow on trees! I believe it takes a wood turner to reveal the hidden natural treasures in a tree.

Nice looking ride Bernie! If you ever come across I-70 through Indiana, let me know, I'm just a few miles south of it, I can fix you up with some cherry, or walnut, or mulberry, or sycamore, or whatever else I might have laying around.

Steve
    When all is said and done--more is usually said than done.

Bernie,

Great gloat, as far as Im concerned it is 100% turning related. The only problem with the truck is that it doesnt belong to me. You should post some pics when you get the bed liner, after all that will be turning related also.

GT
    Never go to bed angry, stay up and fight. Its much more fun.

Never regretted getting the crew cab on my own Silverado. My former truck was the extended cab, and leg room back there was not the best. And you will need to get some type of bed liner to keep from ruining that nice paint job in the bed. My vote is for the sprayed-on liners. Really tough and looks great as well.

"Yes it will have a bedliner in it. I am going with the Bed Rug. Doesn't soak up any type of liquid including they tell me battery acid and it is easier on these old knees as it is made of closed cell foam. Everything can be washed right out as it doesn't even soak up water. It even seals the tailgate".

Bernie,

Bet you love the Bed Rug, I have had one for the last five years in my 05 Dakota, we camp out of the truck and it makes it nice for sleeping.

Heather

Congrates on a nice truck!!
    Last edited by Heather Thompson; 01-28-2010 at 3:36 PM.
    Any thing with sharp teeth eats meat.
    Most powertools have sharp teeth.
    People are made of meat.