Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rastering in order?

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Brewer View Post
    your Epilog 45w will start rastering at the top or bottom and work its way in the opposite direction regardless of Object Manager positioning.
    My GCC/Pinnacle is the same way. Rastering works just like printing on a laser or inkjet printer - it starts at the top (or bottom) and prints line by line with no regard to the creation order or position in object manager. I think I could use color mapping to set the order of rastering, but I've never tried it, never had a need.

Gary

If you use cluster in your GCC driver you can force it to complete one thing at a time , for eg a line of badges will be done one at a time , not all in one go so badge 1 is finshed then it does badge 2 and so on.
    Often this is quicker than having the laser scan from the first badge to the last especially if there is a lot of white space between rastered objects.
    Rodney Gold, Toker Bros trophies, Cape Town , South Africa :
    Roland 2300 rotary . 3 x ISEL's ..1m x 500mm CnC .
    Tekcel 1200x2400 router , 900 x 600 60w Shenui laser , 1200 x 800 80w Reci tube Shenhui Laser
    6 x longtai lasers 400x600 60w , 1 x longtai 20w fiber
    2x Gravo manual engravers , Roland 540 large format printer/cutter. CLTT setup
    1600mm hot and cold laminator , 3x Dopag resin dispensers , sandblasting setup, acid etcher

wow

wow, lots of info to digest here, cool! thanks

will try some of these ideas. might do a test with the "drink chip" jig, laser some across check time, then the same down, see what happens. If its not a time savings, not worth messing around.

I know the driver for our Radius is lacking some of the bells n whistles, the only upgrade for it has been for XP and Windows 7,(and better then the original, which is wonderful btw, that Epilog "Dashboard" for newer systems would be a dream. I would asume that the driver for the Radius is the only one I can use, probally not any aftermarket drivers for Eppys.

Love our Radius though, love how far down the table goes, should have seen how big of punkin we engraved LOL. oh oh, and found a 8 point Deer skull, perfectly white....stuck that thang in there too....."The One That Got Away"...thats at a local pub on display.

I would asume that the driver for the Radius is the only one I can use, probally not any aftermarket drivers for Eppys.
    Russ,

I, like you, am proud that Epilog has drivers through win7(32bit), but do not hold your breath for either the Dashboard or 3rd party drivers for a system several generations old.
    Roy Brewer[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Epilog/Control Laser/Roland engravers/Xenetech

simple test

Just did a simple test, 4 tags vertical, then 4 tags horizontal, same tag order, speed, and power. Geeeesss not much difference, 2min33sec for the vertical, 2min36sec horizontal. hmmmmmm, unless there’s an 'easy' setting to change, not really worth it for just a few seconds. Just seemed to take longer going across......Perception is everything