Thread: Bandsaw table replacement?

Bandsaw table replacement?

I have a 14" Delta bandsaw with cabinet. It has the 14" x14" table .I was wondering, would the 16'x16" table fit in it's place if I ordered it. Are the trunnions the same?. I know I could install an aftermarket bandsaw table but thats not what I'm after.
    Michael Gibbons

I think I like opening day of deer season more than any udder day of the year. It's like Christmas wit guns. - Remnar Soady

That bear is going to eat him alive. Go help him! That bear doesn't need any help! - The Three Stooges

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Gibbons View Post
    ...would the 16'x16" table fit...
    Wow, who makes a 16 foot table for a bandsaw?!
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

table

the 08 Iturra catalog has a 16 x 16 table for $82.00 that says it will bolt right on to older Deltas. I've managed to resist so far.

$82.00 WOW! Would a laminate covered auxillary table not do just as well? It could be made to any specification, and clamp onto the stock table. Miter track could even be added if that is a priority. You could gain much more than 2" in each direction if you need it.
    [/SIGPIC]Necessisity is the Mother of Invention, But If it Ain't Broke don't Fix It !!

table

I have a nice Kreg micro adjustable fence I really like and mounting it to a shopmade table might be a problem. Also, you'd loose some capacity heightwise if you clamped a 3/4 piece of something on top of the table. That wouldn't stop me but using the fence is important to me. I'm finding that a craigslist $200.00 bandsaw is like a car that you load up with goodies. I keep telling my wife its a classic I got for $200.00 and don't tell her about the other two I have in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Padilla View Post
    Wow, who makes a 16 foot table for a bandsaw?!
    O.K. Funnyman!! Geez, A guy makes one typo and he gets the works. 'scuse me-16"x16"
    Michael Gibbons

I think I like opening day of deer season more than any udder day of the year. It's like Christmas wit guns. - Remnar Soady

That bear is going to eat him alive. Go help him! That bear doesn't need any help! - The Three Stooges