Thread: FT3000VCE Owners

FT3000VCE Owners

To those of you that own the FT3000VCE (awesome router by the way if anyone is looking for one) what do you need to connect the vacuum adapter (not the dust collection port on the fence but the vacuum adapter that mounts to the actual router) to a shop vac?

NOTE: I would check myself but I am at work 45 miles from home and most of the stores to buy parts are near my office so did not want to go home, then come back here to get parts.

I was using the router by hand last night working on my Thien separator and the dust it creates with MDF is insane. It was even caked on my walls behind where I was routing.

Connections

Bob,

OK, two answers. One is my Fein II Vacuum hose connects directly into that port and it is a good friction connection. I don't use any adaptors.

Second answer is: Thin inside diameter of that port is 1 1/4 inches, the outside diameter of the port is 1 5/16 inches.

Hope this helps. Bill

Thank you sir, just what I was looking for. I think my hose on my shop vac is also 1-1/4 so not sure how I am going to get it connected, but maybe its time for a new shop vac!
    Last edited by Bob Haskett; 01-29-2010 at 11:26 AM.

Glad to help. We don't want you out there on the roads when the weather starts. Snowed last night here in southern NM and is headed your way. Take care.