Thread: How do I post pictures?

How do I post pictures?

I took some photographs of a lacewood jewelery box I made to post in reply to another members question, but I can't seem to figure out how to post them. All I get when I try to insert a picture is a request for a web address. Do I need to upload them to another site before I can post them here?

Thanks,
    Andrew

First you need to resize the image to something around 800x600, for a jpg file it needs to be 107k or less.

Once you have that done on your computer you click on the little paperclip at the top of the message window. A window will pop up and there is a Browse button, click on it and then find your image and click on it.

Now click on the upload button.

Place your cursor at the point you want the image in your message and click on the paperclip again and click on the image you want at that point, you can just all of them at the same time.

Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page View Post
    Bruce, have you read that page?

I know how to upload images and do it all the time but when I read that page I am not sure I can do it for what it tells me. It is is not very well written IMO.

Yeah, it's been awhile.
    There's good info in this thread.
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=15462
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Thanks guys. I got it figured out. Now everyone is gonna have to look at my stuff.

Bring it on Andrew! We look forward to seeing some of your work.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....