Thread: Dewalt 700 radial arm

Dewalt 700 radial arm

Does anyone have anything good or bad to say about a dewalt 700 8" radial arm saw. I found one on craigslist and will be looking at it Sunday. Any information would be appreciated.

Its J U N K.

I had one many moons ago when it was labeled Black and Decker. Its a tubular arm, very light weight. Even the saw motor looks like an old B&D circular saw. Stay very far away from detritus like that.

Now if you want to find a nice older saw, look for an MBF or MBC with a solid cast iron arm and mount. They are nicely built, very accurate and not too expensive to find and rebuild. Here is one I recently rebuilt:

Thanks for the warning and the advice, I will continue my search. I missed a MBC about a month ago, not real happy about that...
    Last edited by Allen Hinton; 01-30-2010 at 5:06 AM. Reason: spelling

What Bob said. Look for an MBC, MBF, 925 or a 925 Power Shop. They seem to turn up on the Seattle CL about every other week. I have bought 4 of them and never paid more than $35 for any one. That and another $15 or so in bearings from Accurate, and a good 8, 8 1/2 or 9" TK blade and you are in business.