Thread: Performax 16/32 manual

Performax 16/32 manual

I recently bought this sander used for $350 but the guy could not find the manual. Does anyone have a PDF of it? I down loaded the current manual but it is rather different. I have used the sander a little and am absolutely postive it needs adjustment. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Karl Stowe

Performax was bought by Jet. Check jettools.com manuals #629004K. You can download it. Should be very much the same.

I have one, it's a good sander.

I already down loaded the manual but it had different adjustment points. Some adjustments are the same but otheres are not.

I have the older series manual (mid to late 90's) in PDF form. Went through this forum to locate it. PM me and I'll email it to you - may be what you need.
    The problem with education in the School of Hard Knocks is that by the time you're educated, you're too old to do anything.

Ben, thanks for sending the manual to me. I printed it out and will start reading it tonight. Also, thanks to Robyn Horton for getting the manual to Ben. The sander seams to work great and I was able to buy it from another contractor in the area that I trust.

I have 80 grid paper on now but has anyone used any rougher grit than that? Does the machine handle real well with lower grit?

Thanks,
    Karl Stowe

I too have the older model 16-32 sander. Could one of you gentlemen please send it to me also. I looked and couldn't find it on the web.