Thread: SawMill Creek and CAMaster at IWF - Comments Welcome

SawMill Creek and CAMaster at IWF - Comments Welcome

Joey Jarrard of CAMaster has been kind enough to ask us to join them at the International Woodworking Fair (IWF) this August in Atlanta Georgia. The idea is for both of our groups to share some resources and the IWF experience. The Creek will have a booth next to CAMaster, the real reason is so I can watch their demonstrations.

We have plenty of time to plan for the event. Our goal is to be able to meet with Members of our Community and try to put together some events of our own.

First - We would like to start a T-Shirt design contest right away so everyone who wants to submit their design has plenty of time. The custom IWF SawMill Creek T-Shirts that are ordered will be available for you to pick up at our booth. If enough people want hats we can get them as well.

Second - we want everyone to know that our booth is yours as well. We will welcome any of you who want to put some time in the booth and work the show. We may even see a few of our Moderators smiling faces there...you never know.

Third - Joey Jarrard is investigating our options for renting a banquet room, we hope to be able to put together a catered meal for everyone one evening.

From here we are looking for suggestions from our Community. Let us know if you have any ideas or preferences for the Fair or an event we could host that you think people would enjoy. The floor is open for discussion!!!
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 01-31-2010 at 10:53 AM.

That's awesome--it would be great to meet you and others face to face after all these years. I'm seriously considering (read negotiating with the Mrs.) coming down. Please post the date of the evening get together as soon as you nail it down. What I'm thinking of doing is flying down early one morning, then back the next day.

Hopefully you can find someone to make some nice signs for the booth.

I'm "Negotiating" as well.... Hope to see you guys there!!!!!!!!
    If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.

I'm planning on going if work doesn't get in the way. I may drive and pull the new trailer along in-case I find a deal.
    The speed of light is much faster than the speed of sound; is that why some people look so bright until they say something?

If anyone wants to know what IWF is, here's a link: http://www.iwfatlanta.com

I live close enough to offer services when needed. Please let me know how I can help.

Richard

Atlanta IWF

This show is something every woodworker should do at least once in his lifetime.Missed the last one but am driving down this year. Look forward to meeting some like minded persons. Keith.. Have you given any thought to name tags for those of us that can never remember names, I get tired of calling everybody " buddy "

Brian
    Last edited by Brian Ross; 01-31-2010 at 2:12 AM.

Name Tags, this is a good suggestion Brian

I would be happy to provide a custom laser engraved wooden name tag free for each person who orders a T-Shirt. Since I would have their name it makes it easy to get them done ahead of time and it is probably a good sign that they are actually going to be at IWF. I have plenty of material, I just need to come up with a design that is original....something custom for the Fair.

What I don't want to happen is to end up with 200 name tags at the end of the Fair and have to throw them away

Those who don't want a T-Shirt will be able to get paper name tags at our booth.

Any more suggestions?
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 01-31-2010 at 10:53 AM.

We will have a 32" television running a SawMIll Creek slide show of pictures we feel are the best of the best from this Community.

We will have our file attachment archives with us, anyone who brings at least an eight gig thumb drive will be able to copy our entire file attachment archives for free. You might have to stand in line for the copy service as we won't do drop-offs, we don't want to be responsible for the loss of your property. If you don't have a thumb drive you can purchase the two DVD set for $29.95 at the Fair.

I will be contacting all of the vendors that are SawMIll Creek Friendly asking them to donate prizes so we can do drawings at the Fair. Bring your business card and drop it in the glass jar to be eligible for the drawings. If you don't have a business card write your name and address on a business card size piece of paper or card stock. Obviously your real name needs to match your user name here to be eligible to win and you must be a registered member of SawMill Creek before the Fair starts. We will verify the winners identity and registration prior to awarding prizes.
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 01-31-2010 at 11:11 AM.

If my wife will loan me gas money to make the grueling 24 mile trip.. see ya at the Show. Are you going to be there for the full gambit or only toward the week-end. Regardless.. see ya there....
    Sarge..

Woodworkers' Guild of Georgia
    Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler

John,

We will be there for the whole show.