Thread: Thanks, Keith Outen

Thanks, Keith Outen

My thanks to Keith Outen for his suggestion for a stand for my mini lathe.
    I bought the hydraulic lift table from Northern Tool. $140. (Their Manager was coming to a town about 30 miles away from here, and brought it with him. I drove the 30 miles and picked it up. How's that for service!?!) I affixed a piece of 3/4 ply a little larger than the top, and mounted my little Vicmarc VL100.
    Now I can roll it out of the shop, and into the toy hauler RV, and turn when I'm away from home, or at craft shows. Great suggestion for someone who sold all their flatwork tools.
    Pic 1 is the perfect height for sitting and turning. It is very stable, even without locking the castors.
    Pic 2 shows it collapsed for transport. (The handle can be removed, and stowed underneath.)
    Thanks, Keith!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Allen Neighbors; 01-30-2010 at 5:30 PM.
    Allen
    The good Lord didn't create anything without a purpose, but mosquitoes come close.
    And.... I'm located just 1,075 miles SW of Steve Schlumpf.

Allen - looks like it will work great! I sure like the idea of variable height and also portability! Looks like it should make moving the mini-lathe around a whole lot easier! Thanks for sharing!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Your Welcome Allen,

I have found so many uses for hydraulic tables in my shop since I bought my first one. My first holds my mini lathe, the second holds my drum sander and they both park underneath my CNC Router now. I have my big heat press on one and the last one is a work bench that is used to unload my truck, move sheets of plywood and 12 foot long sheets of Corian to my CNC Table. I can park my hydraulic workbench behind my table saw and use it as an outfeed table and it is the best assembly table because it adjusts in height so I don't have to bend over to work on projects.

Enjoy!

That is a great looking bench Allen. I like the idea of being able to vary the height.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Pretty slick idea. One more thing to file away in the back of my mind.......