Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Epilog Summit "Position Error"

Coined Edge

All you need to do is sell the vector cutting as a "coined edge". Those Summits are famous for the coined edge vector cut. Great machines, they don't seem to break.

I know prior to the motor fix, i would get that "coined edge" on circles when I vector cut. But since the new motor, I havent tried it. Ill be anxious to give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Brewer View Post
    Allen,

Not knowing what EpiTechs had you check, but to the best of my recollection, the Summit does not move in the X axis till it trips the limit switch in the Y Axis. What you describe *could* be a bent, broken or dead Y axis limit switch. If EpiTech did not already have you do this, before replacing motor, find the limit switch and give it a little *assist* to see if the X-axis engages & starts moving home at that point.

Roy,

Thanks for that tip... I will keep that tucked away for my broke down day.... I have a profile running, I need to watch that initialize. Watch the initializing steps.

AL
    1 Laser, 4 CarveWrights, Star 912 Rotary, CLTT, Sublimation, FC7000 Vinyl, 911 Signs, Street Signs, Tourist Products and more.
    Home of the Fire Department "Epoxy Dome Accountability Tag and Accountability Boards".