Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: woodworking magazines

Glad to see I am not the only one with this affliction. FWW, Pop WW, Woodcraft, Woodshop News and occasionally one of the others mentioned from the bookstore. Still can't get enough.

I just got a coppy of Good Woodworking mag. it is a british publication and it's $9cdn.
    The issue I got is a special issue with a lot of hand tools information...Mind you nothing realy new... I guess we can not reinvent the weel!!

Quote Originally Posted by kevin loftus View Post
    A magazine is easier to hold than a laptop in the bathroom.
    Ah, but a smartphone is easier than a magazine.
    With skill and tool we put our trust and when that won't do then power we must.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Erickson View Post
    Ah, but a smartphone is easier than a magazine.
    Is that for a "call of nature".

I just looked for the DVD of the first 200 issues of FWW, the site said "This item is not currently available"
    Cheers Ron.

I just received the latest edition of The Woodshop News and they turned it into a magazine format. It was always published as a tabloid newspaper in the past. Hence to say, The Woodshop News is now my favorite magazine.

FWW another try?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Hale View Post
    I agree, it's a shame Woodworking is merging with Pop Wood as i really enjoyed it. Currently i only get Wood and it takes all of 15 minutes to read.

Not a big fan of the DVD's either (no computer in the bathroom )

I might give FWW another try since it's been a few years since i let it expire.

Brian
    Brian
    I wish I could transfer the last issue of my subscription to you for review. FWW is just like buying "greatest hits" albums over and over. I've had enough and they do not seem to get it. They are on a mission that does not resemble the magazines charter in years past. No problem. Change the name of the magazine so we don't make any false assumptions on quality and content based on reputation. Its not there. Any doubts??? Check out the new discount forum they have recently engineered for the readership: Knots. It stinks. After an hour of reading all the disatisfaction there you will come back to SMC grinning from ear to ear.

dan