Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mothballed Movie Characters..

Mothballed Movie Characters..

..that you would like to see in a flick one more time? How about Dirty Harry brought out of retirement to solve a case that only he could. He could trade in his .44 for the S&W 500. He-He.
    Michael Gibbons

I think I like opening day of deer season more than any udder day of the year. It's like Christmas wit guns. - Remnar Soady

That bear is going to eat him alive. Go help him! That bear doesn't need any help! - The Three Stooges

He'd probably trade his 44 for a cane these days.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Robert Redford

Robert Redford back as Johny Hooker from "The Sting", of course it wouldn't be the same without Paul Newman, but a good old fashioned sting operation movie is always fun to watch!

Phyllis

One of my Top 5 war movies is "Kelly's Heroes". The cast they assembled for that flick was just awesome, and the characters they played were some of the best ever. Donald Sutherland as "Oddball"? Are you kidding me?! While it would NEVER touch the original, I think it would be interesting to see what a modern-day version of that film would look like...with a really good screenplay, and a great director.

- Keith
    "Listen, here's the thing. If you can't spot the sucker in the first half hour at the table, then you ARE the sucker. "

Buckaroo Banzai, although Peter Weller might be a bit long in tooth at this point. Would also need to haul John Lithgow back as Dr. Emilio Lizardo.

Ditto, UI always felt cheated since they plugged the next installment and it never happened...
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric DeSilva View Post
    Buckaroo Banzai, although Peter Weller might be a bit long in tooth at this point. Would also need to haul John Lithgow back as Dr. Emilio Lizardo.

A remake of 'Forbidden Planet" as long as they don't ruin it with too much CGI, or turn Robbie into a blood soaked monster.. This was way back before Leslie Nielsen found his 'step on a duck' call
    Last edited by Bill Cunningham; 01-31-2010 at 11:29 PM.
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it

NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO!

Stop it, don't be giving The Suits any more titles to remake.

Pretty much every remake is a disaster; cynical, greedy, cgi'd, dumbed down and action adventured to death, that and they have Tom 'trampoline' Cruise in it. Stop remaking films! Move on!

How about stories that ought to be films that are not?

In the Surreal comedic treatise on death, literary criticism and bicycles category, The Third Policeman by Flann O'Brien. (Has short discussion of the nature of a truly sharp edge)

In the Sci Fi category, Icerigger by Alan Dean Foster (Alien pirate sailing ships on ice!)

In the Really, it's all happened before documentary category, Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds by Charles MacKay

In the Short film series category, almost anything by Saki, Borges and O. Henry

In the Good grief the dictionary would make a better film than this crap category, The Concise Oxford English Dictionary (General release) and the Unabridged Oxford Engish Dictionary (Lexicographers' cut) with free magnifying glass.

And if you really really must have a remake then how about a redux, directors cut and plane, ultimate, 3d, hd, stingray, digital, widescreen, slipstone, fully neanderthal version of the complete barn building from the Witness...first fell your tree..
    Last edited by Caspar Hauser; 02-01-2010 at 6:03 AM. Reason: Caspar was getting too serious..

How about Sly a Rambo movie? Oh, that's right, he just did that...

How about Peter Sellars doing another Pink Panther? Oops, no, that can't happen...

I know, I know, get Sean Connery back for another 007! Definately!
    I drink, therefore I am.

Blog Entries
    How 'bout some film noir that Bogie used to do. Raymond Chandler stories, etc. Maybe Russel Crow as Rick in Casablanca?

Inspector Gadget, I think that series needs a trilogy!
    J Load

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Starosta View Post
    One of my Top 5 war movies is "Kelly's Heroes". The cast they assembled for that flick was just awesome, and the characters they played were some of the best ever. Donald Sutherland as "Oddball"? Are you kidding me?! While it would NEVER touch the original, I think it would be interesting to see what a modern-day version of that film would look like...with a really good screenplay, and a great director.

- Keith
    + about 100 on that!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    He'd probably trade his 44 for a cane these days.
    I don't know Ken, Ole Clint did alright with the M1 in Grand Torino.

After watching Notorious this weekend, I really could have seen Cary Grant as a Bond....
    I drink, therefore I am.

I know! Let's hire Keanu Reeves to do a remake of Day the Earth Stood Still! It'll be great! ...what?...they already did that? ...it flopped?
    Oh well. How about another Bill and Ted movie?