Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments.....

Diann and I went to the wood show in Hamilton Ontario.

Diann bought some books, so based upon her selection, I expect to see some Gargoyles sprouting from the house this summer.

Regards, Rod.

fixed a couple of mis-cut tenons

milled, dimensioned and glued up a couple panels for a china hutch that i am working on.

joe
    Vortex! What Vortex?

Spent the weekend with wife in a cabin on Monte Sano Mountain in north Alabama. Sat by the wood burning fireplace and watched the sleet, frozen rain and snow most of the weekend......

I spent Friday Saturday and Sunday ANd Monday in the shop building a Cherry Cabinet for my Office.
    I have my DVD's, Woodworking Books and magazines, And Office supplies in it. Im pleased with 99% of it.

Rearranged the shop Saturday and went through some drawers to declutter. Found a solid oak 10 drawer workbench with 9 inch vise on craigslist down in Jacksonville and made the 2 hour trip down to pick it up. While I was there, made my first trip to Woodcraft and bought some bowl blanks and took a look at my new bandsaw that I will one day own.
    I'm a Joe of all trades. It's a first, it'll catch on.

Blog Entries
    Spent some time completing a box for my MIL 70th birthday. got is assembled dry fit hinges and a coat of BLO before supper Sunday. Need to finish this week.
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"

Jon -Nice job on the cabinet !!!!!!

I spend about 6 1/2 hrs. straight ripping, resawing, and then running the stock through my moulding machine to make more shutter slats for the plantation shutter job for one of our daughters. I got about half of the shutters made of red oak for my wife done before Christmas. Now, I've switched to these out of poplar. Once these are done, I'll switch back to the second half of oak for our house. Next on the poplar are milling the stiles and rails including pin holes in stiles. I started to take a few pictures and will attempt to post them in the future.

I built the bottom half of the Fww "Best Ever Out Feed Table." I changed the dimensions, and dadoed everything instead of screwing it. It came out okay, pics soon to come.

I had 2 sheet of BB ply and 2 of Accuro Ply from BORG that curled up like a potato chip after it was cut making the glue up tricky. Gonna try to take the other 2 sheet back and see if I can return them.

This weekend I plan on putting the a "Dead Flat Assembly Table" on top of it and adding some casters & leving feet. I have a small space and not room for both.

Some time I'll get around to making the drawers.

Didn't get much woodworking done, been busy renovating the upstairs bath (A bit of construction skills required), but will be building the face frame and doors for the linen closet (end of tub, plumbing access point) and putting up some new wainscoting. Plus it's just bit cold in the garage, we had -2 degrees on Sunday Morning.....brrr.
    Dave W. -
    Restoring an 1890 Victorian
    Cuba, NY

Midway thru a workbench

I've always wanted to build a "real" wood-working bench. So, Thanksgiving weekend, I finally started in on the 21st Century workbench from PWW October, 2008 (I think). This project has a lot of 8/4 ash laminated together. For the last 8+ weekends I've been ripping, jointing, planing, and glueing up 8' long pieces of 8/4 ash for the split tops, legs, stretchers and lower rails. Slow but steady progress. This last weekend marked the final lamination glue ups for the lower rails. This project will certainly force you to learn how to handle long heavy pieces of lumber and it sure makes a lot of wood chips! And I think I have carpel tunnel from cranking clamps on and off.

My plans are (always subject to change) that next weekend will be final dimensioning of the tops and maybe even get to cutting some joints. The tops are a couple of 98" x 12" x 3.75" chunks of wood (130 lbs each) and gettin' those things through my bench top planer should be a lot of fun.

Brian

This was my weekend (2 weekend) project. My wife wanted a table that she couldn't find with slate top to fit under a mirror next to her Christmas present, which was a pool table.

The pool table was black with some stained lighter wood on the rails and the ball on the ball and talon legs. I don't normally make black painted wood projects but the closest table she found was $650 and it wasn't large enough. So on Saturday last week I made the table, Monday night I applied the tiles and painted it Thursday and Friday night. Saturday of this weekend I grouted it brought it inside.

Two drawers for racks, table brush chalk etc., Nice sealed top for the drinks! She is more than happy, and I get to get back on the full kitchen I need to build for our cabin.

Various wood used from Alder to Poplar.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here is my weekend to come, and many more. I am building a full kitchen cabinets for our cabin, the island is done less the finishing. I have all the face frame stuff cut as of last night, all face frames should be on tonight depending if I have a few drinks after archery league or not. Scratch that, I won't work on this until tomorrow! First picture is the island, second is the carcasses of the base cabinets strewn about the shop. All knotty alder.
    Attached Images Attached Images