Thread: CraigsList Gloat #1, 2010 !!!

CraigsList Gloat #1, 2010 !!!

My friend Mel and I made a 600 miles roundtrip yesterday to pick up this little gem from the Missouri Bootheel! It was a full load in the bed of my pickup! A cabinet shop owner had it in storage for 2 years, and decided to list it on CL. $1200 was all he wanted! I'm still just a little giddy!

I just couldn't resist, since this Woodmaster 3820 double drum sander with Leeson 7.5 hp. single phase motor, variable feed conveyor and micro-adjustable rear drum height is lightyears ahead of my ol' Grizzly G1066! The Griz will be up for sale now as we speak. I have to attach casters and get the New Beast off those concrete blocks before our Mizzery weather changes for the worse again.

The machine was in Dexter, MO, only 25 miles from the world-famous Lambert's Cafe (home of the *throwed rolls) in Sikeston. That chicken-fried steak covers the whole plate! I surely wish we could have taken a nap after that huge meal rather than drive! But we made it home fine.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [/SIGPIC]Necessisity is the Mother of Invention, But If it Ain't Broke don't Fix It !!

Yep Ggoat worthy. I paid $1500 for a single Woodmaster Drum last year.
    The Plane Anarchist

Now that was a steal
    The words "you suck", "I hate you" should do the job.....lmao

I have seen a couple of those worth the money but for me it is a problem of having a shop in the basement with no way down but the steps.. no way in h**l...lol I did threaten the wife with a hole in the floor with a couple of pulleys and the such..

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Heck of a deal!
    I was happy with the deal on my $1500 26'' (still am)

Congrats
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Nice!!!

If we start sending you panels, would you please sand 'em down and send 'em back

Chicken-fried steak.... Hmmm, no pix, didn't happen. Oh, maybe you meant to gloat about the sander? I guess that's good, too. Nice find.
    The problem with education in the School of Hard Knocks is that by the time you're educated, you're too old to do anything.

That definitely deserves a you suck.

so

You suck!
    Where did I put that tape measure...

Chip I will be sending my panels down. The chicken fried steak is making me hungry. Congrates, or should I say YOU SUCK!

Nice call on the Lambert's, that place is well worth the wait, oh yeah and awesome find!

Sweet. That has got to feel good. Enjoy that machine!

Have you considered moving your wife to the basement and using the upstairs for your shop?

Nice find, can't ever find a drum anywhere around here. Nice job, you still suck!
    I'm a Joe of all trades. It's a first, it'll catch on.

Nice find. I thought I was the only crazy enough to drive that far for a machine, but still YOU SUCK!

Very nice! Wish I had room for something like that...
    I drink, therefore I am.