Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got any good bandsaw pictures?

Got any good bandsaw pictures?

I'm getting ready to put my book together and need some pictures of bandsaws or any thing related to bandsaws (not bandsawn projects though - the saws themselves) In order to publish them I have to have written permission from the person who took the picture so be sure to include a note to that effect, along with whatever information you want to appear in the book's credits. I'm new at this and just finding out that copyright laws are pretty stringent so I can't just use any old picture I get off the internet and a lot of guys aren't as free with their graphics as I've been. I can use any pictures of any saw, if they're yours to give, but Old Arn shots would be especially interesting if you've got some. It's kind of a history-of-the-development thing. Thanks for whatever help you can lend. E-mail to falbergsawco@bresnan.net

Quote Originally Posted by William Falberg View Post
    I'm getting ready to put my book together and need some pictures of bandsaws or any thing related to bandsaws (not bandsawn projects though - the saws themselves) In order to publish them I have to have written permission from the person who took the picture so be sure to include a note to that effect, along with whatever information you want to appear in the book's credits. I'm new at this and just finding out that copyright laws are pretty stringent so I can't just use any old picture I get off the internet and a lot of guys aren't as free with their graphics as I've been. I can use any pictures of any saw, if they're yours to give, but Old Arn shots would be especially interesting if you've got some. It's kind of a history-of-the-development thing. Thanks for whatever help you can lend. E-mail to falbergsawco@bresnan.net
    Here ya go. Take a look at both albums, one is a 10" Delta Homecraft http://picasaweb.google.com/aquino.b...eat=directlink
    and the other is a Rockwell 20" saw http://picasaweb.google.com/aquino.b...eat=directlink. If you are going to use any of them, just let me know which ones and where.

You might go over to the Old WoodWorking Machines (owwm.com)website and ask. You will get some really old and beautiful equipment.

I think you can grab these, from here. My Grizzly. I'm pretty fond of it!

I'll shoot you a pic of my Delta 28-299. Last of the USA made models.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Bob Aquino; beautiful! It's more than I could ask for. I like the two tensioning shots but the full-view perspectives are great too. I'll get back to you on which. I photoshop and clean all the background clutter when I post pics so don't worry about that. Send me a PM when you can so I can get your permission and credits info.

Thanks again,

Bill

Niel Brooks,

Thanks, that's a popular saw. Could you PM those to me? Grabbing stuff off the internet is what's got in the jam I'm in now. At 68, I'm just waking up to the copyright laws. Good grief!

Thanks Bill

falbergsawco@bresnan.net

Quote Originally Posted by Cary Falk View Post
    You might go over to the Old WoodWorking Machines (owwm.com)website and ask. You will get some really old and beautiful equipment.
    I just figured out how to stick these replies under the post. I'm a guru! Anyway, thanks, that's a great idea. I'll do so now.

Here is my pride and joy. A 2001 1hp Delta 14" 28-299. Made in the USA.
    You have my permission to use this photo.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Myk Rian; 02-06-2010 at 2:03 PM.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Are you looking for pictures of good bandsaws or good pictures of any saw? I have friends with old 36" turn of the century saws and an old 42" Tannewitz. Just trying to find what you want.

Here is a 14" Jet if you want it, I can send you the larger image.

Jet.jpg

Here's a few of mine. you are more than welcome to use however you please. you may have to photoshop the background.
    it a Rikon 14" 10-325, 2 speed, 1 1/2 HP, 3/4 resaw king blade.

hope this helps
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dave

IN GOD WE TRUST
    USN Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Atkins View Post
    Are you looking for pictures of good bandsaws or good pictures of any saw? I have friends with old 36" turn of the century saws and an old 42" Tannewitz. Just trying to find what you want.
    I've got enough "regular" band saws but the ones I'm looking for now are the ones with funky home made modification, home-made attachments, etc. I really like home-made saws, the funkier the better. OWWM seems to have the best collection around and I'm mining that real deep. Portable timber saws are obviously high on my list.

Anything of interest. Fresh new high-def pics of the 36's and 42's are always a "wow!" Can you get them? If so, please send directly to falbergsawco@bresnan.net with credits info and permission.

Mmmmm Bandsaws, my favourite.

My P'matic 141 (with his buddy, the 100)

My Yates American Y20 (currently naked and waiting for painting weather):

My 32" Crescent

I've got plenty of other bandsaw photos as well, Rockwells, Generals, Wadkins, ect. Let me know if you want them.
    Darnell

Quote Originally Posted by David Christopher View Post
    Here's a few of mine. you are more than welcome to use however you please. you may have to photoshop the background.
    it a Rikon 14" 10-325, 2 speed, 1 1/2 HP, 3/4 resaw king blade.

hope this helps
    Thanks, Dave - got 'em! Yes, I always edit backgrounds. Shops are never beautiful, home-decorated things are they.