Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Small bedside table, cherry and ash

Small bedside table, cherry and ash

Our bed is on the floor and there isn't a lot of space between the bed and entry door, so the bedside table for my wife needed to be small, around one foot high, deep and wide.

I recently got my domino and Akeda dovetail jig and used them both for the first time on this project, loved them both

Also bought a couple of clamps lately

very nicely done - top grain is striking.

i need to build a bedside stand, and your wood combination matches my inventory. thanks for the push.

Very nice! Love the drawers!

Very pretty. Nice new toys!

Clean and attractive

I really like your design and the appearance of the table. I also appreciate your assembly shots - it gave me plenty of ideas. Your work is a first class testimonial for a Domino and Akeda!

Nice work! Gotta love the Domino - great machine. Sold my dovetail jig and went to handcuts, but those sure are some nice looking dovetails.

Great looking night table Eric.
    And who said you can have too many clamps...

Erik - very nice work. I like the design and the drawers look to fit perfecty. Excellent looking stock as well. Question for you - I am curious about the orientation of the grain for the top. What made you decide to orient it the way you did?

Beautiful wide cherry! How is the bottom constructed? It almost looks like it is 4 pieces mitered...

Very nice job !! I like the design adn the choice of wood. I would have done something a bit different with the spacing of the dove tails.

Nice piece !
    MARK

Very nice design which fits the practicality of the given situation. I sure could have used that between marriages as I spent my time sleeping on the floor due to it was there and nothing I ever built for the bedroom was not.

How did you get the pictures printed so large on the site? Probably beyond anything I could do anyway so.. never mind! ha.. ha...
    Sarge..

Woodworkers' Guild of Georgia
    Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler

Very nice job. The Cherry looks great and I really like the way the curvature of the grain on top compliments the curve on the front.

That Domino is a handy too, isn't it?
    Cody

Logmaster LM-1 sawmill, 30 hp Kioti tractor w/ FEL, Stihl 290 chainsaw, 300 bf cap. Solar Kiln

Thank you so much for your posts everybody.

Larry, I chose the grain orientation for the top, in part, for the reason Cody pointed out, the way the grain curve compliments the curved front. The grain is also running the length of the piece, the top measures 14" deep and 12" wide.

Salem, you are right about the bottom, 4 mitered pieces of wood.

John, regarding size of photos, I avoided the size limits common to sites like this one by publishing the photos to another site (in this case me.com) and then linking to them from this site.

Thanks on the photo tips Erik but... this ole dog has trouble just getting them on this site. I suppose you could say I am literally computer illiterate and that's pretty close to the truth.

Again... very nice piece and I am sure the Mrs. appreciates!
    Sarge..

Woodworkers' Guild of Georgia
    Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler

Looks very good. The top is great. Different way to do the top, however with the grain pattern that way it looks good.

For clamping, I would use cauls, put leather pads on the clamps or plastic pads. that way you don't mar the wood.