Thread: Couple shop projects finally slapped together

Couple shop projects finally slapped together

Made a bigger table for my $25 drill press, used some oak i salvaged from some dunnage to trim it out. Made up a makeshift dust hood for my RAS, even with just a small 6 gallon shop vac it gets most of the dust, i have no dust collector, and just needed something to keep the rooster tail of dust from blasting the furnace thats directly behind the RAS. And i finally put a coat of finish on my router table that i've been using for about 6 months.

That there router table looks vaguely familiar. I do believe that it is the one from WOOD mag. I built the same one. Yours looks a little better than mine though. Mine may not look great but it works awesome. Keep it up.
    Chuck

Good looking shop stuff!

Mike
    From the workshop under the staircase, Clinton Township, MI
    Semper Audere!

I recognize the router in that table. You having any trouble with height adjustment? I could never get mine to adjust finely enough to dial-in a lock-miter bit.

Yup its the wood magazine router table, just added some cherry trim to dress it up a little. still thinking about if i want to put a couple drawers on the bottom or just throw some doors on it.

I like the router, trying to dial it in can be a pain, eventually i think i will buy a router that i can adjust from above the table and use this one for hand work. Soft start and its pretty quiet, hard to beat for the price.

Tyler
    Nice job - always a treat to improve your tools from wood/scraps you weren't using - I'm inspired!

Tyler,
    I would go with one big drawer on the bottom. I have the same cabinet and have 4 PC routers in the bottom drawer along with the edge guides D-handle, a sled for end grain on rails, and a few plunge bases etc. With that storage, the PC 8529 plunge router in a case and one in the table, I have room for all things routers! Just don't tell my wife I have 6!

Oh yeah I've got shaper cutters and a few large box sets in the bottom drawer also, all in tupperware containers.

Your cabinet looks much nicer than mine by the way.