Thread: Delta 17-959L or Jet JDP17-MF

Delta 17-959L or Jet JDP17-MF

I have been looking at the Rikon 30-230 and the Delta 17-950L. But after further reflection I am now considering moving up the the next level Delta or the Jet (the next level Rikon is outside my $ comfort range). All have advantages/disadvantages but I would like to get the something to last.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Hendrix View Post
    I have been looking at the Rikon 30-230 and the Delta 17-950L. But after further reflection I am now considering moving up the the next level Delta or the Jet (the next level Rikon is outside my $ comfort range). All have advantages/disadvantages but I would like to get the something to last.

Thanks.
    It's been several years since I went through the Jet - Versus Delta for a drill press. I decided on the Jet! Brought it home and discovered it was not as good as the display model I based my purchase on. A nice machine that needed some serious tune-up. Long story short, I exchanged it for the Delta 17-965. There is one feature specific to this model that I consider very valuable from a user standpoint: The Quill Lock! I would not buy a DP unless it has traditional style quill lock. Look for the little blue lever next to the hub of the main quill control handle in picture.

http://www.finewoodworking.com/Galle.../IMG400_md.jpg

My .02 cents ....