Thread: Incra LS Opinions Wanted

Incra LS Opinions Wanted

I have a Ridgid 3650 with a router table extension on the right side.

Bench 006 (Large).jpg

I am thinking of using one of two options to get better repeatable cuts than the original fences on my saw and router table. This is not for ALL cuts, just ones that need the precision.

I am thinking of the 17" LS positioner, and using it with my existing saw and router fences. I should be able to turn it around to go either direction and use it for both tools.

The other option that I am thinking about is to by a Wixley digital gauge for the table saw and using it along with my saw fence to position my router fence.

03.jpg

I am not sure which way would be best, but was hoping to get some suggestions or ideas as to the pros and cons to either of these ideas, or maybe another that i am not thinking of.

Thanks in advance for your ideas!!!

Mike
    Last edited by Mike Gadget; 02-08-2010 at 5:35 PM.

Of the two I like the Wixey plus add a Rockler micro-adjuster. BUT, if money isn't the issue I would get the full on Incra and use it for everything.

I have tried both and prefer the Incra. Using the Wixley with a micron positioner might have changed my mind about it though. There is no bumping with an Incra. Once set up, it is right on.

I own the Incra TS-LS system with 52" rails and the full router joinery kit. It's awesome. Any table saw I upgrade to in the future will have my current system transplanted to it shortly after arrival.
    - Kirk Simmons
    - Eagan, MN

Let's see, what did Kirk say, oh yah, ditto that!!!!! I originally bought the TSIII for my Shopsmith Mk5, then bumped it to my Delta contractor saw and then kicked it to my PM66, doubt it will ever move again but who knows for sure. The Wonder Fence will stay with her best friend, gotta love the precision!!!!!!

Heather
    Any thing with sharp teeth eats meat.
    Most powertools have sharp teeth.
    People are made of meat.

I have the TS-LS on my table saw and like it a lot. The repeatability factor is not a gimmick.

The only thing that disappointed me was this: in the video they show the guy using the micro-adjusting wheel with a dial indicator on the fence. With each click the needle jumped by exactly .001". When I tried that with my Saw Gauge, sometimes it jumped only half a .001" mark, sometimes one and a half.

I'd buy it again.

Mike

I had a Wixey on mine and it worked as advertised. Then I got the TS-LS and, believe me, it was a vast improvement.

It looks like the LS positioner is going to be that way to go. Thanks for all of your advice!!

Mike

I have the LS also on my sawstop, love it, right on every time. It is great no battries nothing to break or have to replace every 6 months, one other advantage for you is that you can put more than one tape in it so you can leave one set up for the table saw and one set up for the router, I think that would work.
    -=Jason=-

10. I also have the Incra TS-LS system. It is fantastic!!!!!