Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not having any luck with Oneway Manufacturing RE: my sharpening gear...

Quote Originally Posted by David Hostetler View Post
    I may just call Oneway directly, seems pretty poor business practice to ignore email requests though...
    I hear ya--it's too bad, but give them a shout--they're top-notch when it comes to service and I'm sure they are not willingly ignoring you

In my experience emails are screened, firewalled, and filtered at many points and slip through the cracks all the time when customers try to contact a business for an inquiry. Many businesses do not publish "general inquiry" email addresses for this reason.

the number is toll free, and they do speak english (although you'll hear the occasional 'yaah', and 'oot'). But remember, they're smiling at your accent, too.

The only problem may be that they are out building more igloos to expand the manufacturing capacity of the plant

Michael

Third party offering for Vari-Grind Knob/screw

Hi Dave:

My dear friend, Bruce Hoover, owner of The Sanding Glove (757-665-4597), offers a nice replacement knob/screw for the Vari-Grind.

For any of you that might need it, I offer a replacement screw that has a swivel tip and a nice Rosette knob for the Ellsworth jigs. The swivel tip holds better, does not mar the bottom of the gouge and does not cause the gouge to move when tightened.

Don Geiger

Quote Originally Posted by David Hostetler View Post
    Since they are a Canadian company, I kind of didn't want to dial international... Especially if they only did French... Don't know the language...
    Now that is really funny...Honestly we really do speak ENGLISH, especially in Ontario where Oneway is located
    Ron

Hi,

Sharpfast or some such company came up with a knob replacement for the varigrind which is much superior to the one Oneway makes/made. They're about ten bucks and worth it. As for the knob on the skew jig, a threaded nut could do the job, but I think that the idea of a wooden one epoxied on would be better.
    Hilel
    No one has the right to demand aid, but everyone has a moral obligation to provide it-William Godwin

I emailed Oneway a couple of weeks ago about replacing a platform on my Oneway jig - not the whole assembly, just the platform. I think within a day or two i had an email from Peter, with his phone number, giving me a price and telling me to call and ask for him. I'm sorry about your problem and am not dismissing it, but it doesn't seem to happen every time.
    Peace,
    kevin

This above all: to thine own self be true