Thread: Nothing to finish

Nothing to finish

Just letting you guys know that I haven't given up or anything. I havent posted any pics lately becuase i do not have any wood, or wood that I can finish. I have been in the process of gathering wet wood from my property and elsewhere and I am giving the DNA drying process a wirl. Thanks to whoever posted the David Smith link on alchohol soaking a couple of weeks ago.

http://alcoholsoaking.blogspot.com/

I do have a bunch of rough outs turned and they are all at different stages of the drying process. So far so good to this point. The bowls seem to be losing between 1 and 1 1/2 ounces per day. I don't see any of them warping or checking. I am hoping my first set will be dry this week otherwise I might just have to go to Rockler and buy a few pieces to finish. I am starting to show signs of withdrawel here.

We always like photos of works in progress! That way we can see the mess, the rough out and then the finished product a little later! Plus, if you are gathering wood - wood gloats are always appreciated!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Ditto what Steve said. Plus have patience. I got in a hurry at first and finished some bowls. Sat them in the house displayed and proud as I could be. About a week later was looking at them 4 of them to be exact and three had cracked. I absolutely know it was because I was in a hurry to get some bowls done. Patience.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Doncha hate it when that happens. It's like not having a book to read at night. I have been known to panic, get up in the middle of the night, to find a store open that carries books.

Ray

I understand that Bowl Withdrawal is often treated with pen turning. Want me to send a blank your way?
    Ridiculum Ergo Sum

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE E BEE View Post
    I am starting to show signs of withdrawel here.
    An addict in the throws of withdrawal is never a pretty sight!!