Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PC vs Altendorf at Dallas BBQ 2004

Penn State Industries

Thanks Waymon.

Quote Originally Posted by Waymon Campbell
    Dino - Feel free to use any pix I shot. Sorry you were unable to attend...maybe next year!
    Thanks Waymon.
    For Sure Next Year. This time I was forced to stay behind.
    Nice camera. I hope you get some more shots while Steve is using the Legend on the Legend to be.

Good Job On the FPP.
    If you want to run more auctions let me know.
    Thanks Waymon
    YCF Dino

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Padilla
    My Skil 77 Mag worm-drive is 1 1/2" and 3 5/8". You guys can make spacer blocks of your saw's exact widths on both sides of the blade. It is pretty simple if you think about it. I happen to have a square whose long side is 1 1/2" wide....
    The only problem with spacer blocks is having to keep track of them. If we can't find pencils that we use every 5 minutes how are we suposed to find blocks that we use every once in a while. For those with a nice aluminum base on their saws I suggest just trimming it to a good number. Bring it over I'll be glad to help out.
    Steve Jenkins, McKinney, TX. 469 742-9694
    Always use the word "impossible" with extreme caution

Put a hole in 'em and hang 'em on the wall! I see all kinds of crap hanging in your shop, Steve, so I understand your concern!
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Padilla
    Put a hole in 'em and hang 'em on the wall! I see all kinds of crap hanging in your shop, Steve, so I understand your concern!
    Aww c'mon Chris that isn't crap hanging on the walls I keep all the crap in the corners and on the shelves. All the stuff hanging are perfectly good templates that I made and used once 6-8 years ago or more.:>)
    Steve Jenkins, McKinney, TX. 469 742-9694
    Always use the word "impossible" with extreme caution

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Jenkins
    The only problem with spacer blocks is having to keep track of them. If we can't find pencils that we use every 5 minutes how are we suposed to find blocks that we use every once in a while. For those with a nice aluminum base on their saws I suggest just trimming it to a good number. Bring it over I'll be glad to help out.
    And for those with left bladed saws???
    What you think Steve? Can you just cut the motor and move the blade to the right side? We're losing customers here.
    We better do something before the PSI-oulians take over.
    Kelly. If you turn the Smart base around, you don't have to modified your saw. No spacers no Steve. You only lose the AC-1 and AC-2. You still have the EAC-1 for your KEEP Side.
    Sorry Steve.
    YCF Dino
    Last edited by Dino Makropoulos; 10-26-2004 at 8:23 PM. Reason: more info

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Burch
    I did not personally witness this event, but modifying a modern day tool like this makes PERFECT sense.

WHY haven't manufacturers figured out that we have to compensate for these idiotic, arbitrary, stupid offset distances for base plates? I mean, why can't they have the edge of the baseplate be exactly 1" or 1.5" from the blade? (At least one side of the blade!!) NOOOO, they have to have it 1.312432" from the blade. How stupid is that?

Same way with router base plates, jig saw foot plates, etc.

It's the same way with most hardware clearances. For example, the KV 4X4 flipper doors slides, you have to measure 4.17" or something like that for mounting. I don't even think it is a full multiple in metric. Duh!!!

Ask and I'll tell you how I REALLY feel...

Actually, I need to be fair to DeWalt. My 12" CMS has a table that is 4" tall. THANK YOU DeWalt!!

Todd
    Yes...kudos to DeWalt. My former (stolen) DW circular saw had 1.5" of baseplate on one side of the plate, and 5.5"(2x6 width) on the other. Only problem is that the plate was black and marked up whatever you were cutting. Oh, and my DW708 SCMS has a table height of 3.5" (2x4 width). Maybe Mr. Peacock can weigh in on this...I think he mentioned that he has a DeWalt circular saw.

Nice pic BTW, Todd. Looks much better than your last avatar.
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

My Pc sit right down on the eureka base. Different model # saw.
    Dennis-Steve. So your eureka base had a lip on all four sides?
    My eureka base has only a lip on the front and right side, right handed saw.
    I spent about 30 minutes drilling the holes and getting it bolted on.
    I didn't use the sticky tape as I felt like I might want to remove it, which I did yesterday to cut some stair stringers.
    Steve