Thread: Outlook Express

Outlook Express

When I open up a email message from someone that has been forward by several people I have to open each like you would a attachment for some reason. Is there a way to change this (without switching mail programs) so they all open together? Any special reason why it would do this?

thanks, Pete

Not that I know much about this stuff but I think it happens because all the people ahead of you in line didn't delete the forwarded from info so you get it all. It happens to me from one person all the time. Steve
    Steve Jenkins, McKinney, TX. 469 742-9694
    Always use the word "impossible" with extreme caution

preferences!

try resetting your preferences for your email. threw which ever program you use. may have gotten nicked from one of the other emails you have received or held onto there settings.
    If in Doubt? Build it Stought!

I run into this problem with email from certain people. I think it comes from a setting on their email program regarding forwarding of messages. You can set it to include the original text when forwarding (what most of us do) or to attach original message. It's sounds like this is what's happening and yes, it is a pain to open 5 different embedded emails.

I doubt you can change it for incoming messages but you can for your outgoing forwarded messages. I'm not at my home computer that has Outlook Express on it at the moment so can't give you the specific steps. The settings should be under Tools, Options or something like that.
    Mark Patoka
    Stafford, VA

Yes, this is due to the forwarder's email client.

They are forwarding messages as attachments (by default or by choice), rather than copying the message on the reply. The setting even differs between versions of Outlook.
    _Aaron_
    SawmillCreek Administrator

I would be very careful opening forwarded e-mail or attachments, you leave your self open to a virus that could have been picked up.
    Mike

Thanks for all the replys. Looks like I'll have to put up with it. Don't get a lot of them but they are annoying.

thanks, Pete

Talking

Just ask them to forward the original (the one they have open that they want to send).

A lot of people just forward the forwarded e-mail.

SWMBO does this to me a lot!!!
    Gary
    Bluegrass - Finger Pickin Good!

Thought about that but it's more trouble than opening the attachments. Several people do it, just thought if it was something in Outlook I could do.

thanks, Pete

Just the other day, I e-mailed a couple friends about this problem. It drives me crazy. You will just have to e-mail the people who do it to you - they may have no idea.

Stefan