Thread: Gantry 3D?

Gantry 3D?

Hi all

Anyone here using the gantry 3D system with their laser? (gantryco.com). If so, How is it? What software do you use and is it worth it?

George
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 02-11-2010 at 1:32 PM.

those are finished 3D Designs, so no special software is required. You only need the software if you wan't to make 3D Designs yourself. If you search forum, you will find many posts - this has been discussed a couple times before

Andrea

Who wants to hear the bells must pull the rope
    Wer die Glocken hören will muss am Seil ziehen

3. works well

Just look at the power they run to test the image and try to adopt you machines setting to somewhat match. I have to make 2 to 3 passes with my 35 watt to get a good finished product.

I have one of the sample pieces from Gantry, and the 3d quality is excellent. Its cut in a dense wood, that probably makes a difference in shaprness.

Dave
    Epilog 35 W 12x24
    Adobe Illustrator
    Dell PC

Quote Originally Posted by David Fairfield View Post
    I have one of the sample pieces from Gantry, and the 3d quality is excellent. Its cut in a dense wood, that probably makes a difference in shaprness.

Dave
    They say on their website that they test cut in hard maple with 100 watt machine.
    Looks like their Partner Program might be a pretty good deal if one were truly into doing 3d.
    Epilog Legend EXT36-40watt, Corel X4, Canon iPF8000 44" printer,Photoshop CS6, Ioline plotter, Hotronix Swinger Heat Press, Ricoh GX e3300 Sublimation

Quote Originally Posted by Steve C Wallace View Post
    Just look at the power they run to test the image and try to adopt you machines setting to somewhat match. I have to make 2 to 3 passes with my 35 watt to get a good finished product.
    How much time does it take to run one of their typical files?
    Epilog Legend EXT36-40watt, Corel X4, Canon iPF8000 44" printer,Photoshop CS6, Ioline plotter, Hotronix Swinger Heat Press, Ricoh GX e3300 Sublimation

From their website you can actually have a test file emailed for you. I tried it and it worked great, despite them saying that with a 45w laser it wasn't going to be able to do much. They recommend high power lasers to get the best results, but it can be achieved by running several runs.
    Epilog 45w Helix X3/X5 Corel Microflame Generator (flame polisher) Heat Bender

1 pass on my machine for a 3.5" x 3.5" image was about 6 mins. if I remember right.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Honey and Coco
    Steve / Sandy Wallace
    Lasting Laser Impressions

FaceBook - search Steven Wallace; Epilog mini 18 - 35w, rotary tool, Corel X3, PhotoGrav 3.0