Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: And the Forecast Calls for Snow

WOO HOO! The dance worked! Predictions are for up to 4 inches.

Snow plows in south Georgia? What you talkin' 'bout? We don't need no stinkin' snow plows! (usually)

The snow will be nice, but the icing of bridges and overpasses won't be. That's what usually happens when we get this type of weather. The temps flucutate just enough to allow for melt and refreeze. There will be the usual run on the grocery store, and the usual rear enders at traffic lights.

Hey, you guys in the great less than white north . . . send me a plane ticket and I'll come up and do the snow dance!

I'll post pics, not that you all haven't seen enough snow, I just want to follow the "no pics didn't happen rule". I'm going to go home at the first flurry, build a fire, open a bottle of champagne and enjoy. Maybe I'll make a big pot of potato and ham soup, with lots of cheese. This is going to be my best birthday gift ever (well maybe second to the Corvette).

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

Quote Originally Posted by Tony De Masi View Post
    My daughgter did the snow dance last Friday. Since then we've received over three feet of snow. She is banned from the Snow Dance forever.

Tony
    SO THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED!!!

My daughgter did the snow dance last Friday. Since then we've received over three feet of snow. She is banned from the Snow Dance forever.

Tony
    Teach her the money dance and send her to my house.
    "I love the smell of sawdust in the morning".
    Robert Duval in "Apileachips Now". - almost.

Laserpro Spirit 60W laser, Corel X3
    Missionfurnishings, Mitchell Andrus Studios, NC

We've been cheated this winter and the ski areas are beginning to get a bit worried. Officially Concord NH where they do the measuring has only had 38.9" so far this winter though there have been higher amounts up north. This works out to about 37% of the normal snowfall for this point in the winter. While I still have some snow at my house, there are large bare patches on the front lawn with grass showing. The snow piles are starting to get dirty looking, and the tank of gas in the snowblower hasn't been refilled for almost 2 1/2 weeks. It's been almost a month since we received anything more than about an inch in one snowfall. In NH that's what we call a "nuisance". We are used to getting up to 2 feet at a time and then having the roads clear a few hours later.
    Dave Anderson

Chester, NH

Well this is what it looks like around here. After setttling and after the sun hit it for a while...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I drink, therefore I am.

Awesome Mike.!!!!! Wish I were there.!!!

We got right about 9" of snow here in the sunny south.

Still hasn't melted off yet as the temps haven't been above freezing for several days now. I still love the snow.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meiser View Post
    I just heard on the radio that if portions of Florida get the 2-4 inches forecast today then all 50 states will have snow on the ground.
    Snow in Hawaii, huh?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Bill Arnold
    NRA Life Member
    Member of Mensa
    Live every day like it's your last, but don't forget to stop and smell the roses.

Tony
    Hmm. I smell a one-time business opportunity... I think if you and your daughter would just take a trip to the great Northwest, roughly around Vancouver, and let her cut loose...

Our kids are having a ball. We adults love how the snow can make an
    ugly landscape so beautiful to look at.

Yea we deal with the snow by closing everything down.

Anthony
    "No man is a failure who has friends." -Clarence

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education. - Mark Twain

Anthony Welch
    Laurel,MS

Epilog Legend EX 45watt, Corel Draw 12 & x3, Photograv, Wacom tablet 4x5, ShopBot PRS96x48 w/spindle, airbrush and shop full of tools.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Arnold View Post
    Snow in Hawaii, huh?
    That's what I thought too, but apparently on the peaks of some of the tallest mountains they occasionally get some snow and there's some there now, according to news reports.

Actually Matt you can going skiing on the higher mountaintops in Hawaii some years. People do it regularly, well actually irregularly.
    Dave Anderson

Chester, NH

SNOW is a FOUR letter word!!!

We have had soooo much snow and ice (people were with out electricity for upwards of a week) that I am running out of room to push it. Lucky I have a snow plow on my pickup. Our County road guys caught flack because certain people weren't getting their roads plowed as fast as they thought they should. Never mind that it took four hours just to get through one drift. They averaged about 1 mile per hour of clearing roads and most plow drivers have 60-80 miles to plow. I took a drive around my part looking for pheasants and deer (pheasants are taking a real hit with the snow and ice-population is very way down!!!)and there are drifts that are higher than the top of my Dakota pick up!!
    The school (from which I just retired from being an Industrial Technology Teacher) kids have missed 10 days of school (we don't close for just a few flacks or even the mere mention of snow-we are tough!!) and they are tired of snow days!! The seniors will graduate but will only get an unsigned diplomia. Iowa State Law says that seniors can only miss 5 days so they will need to come back after graduation for those other 5 days. We are supposed to get 3-5" on Saturday with more wind which will fill the already over filled ditches. Just wait until it will start to melt then we will have flooding problems. Not to mention all of the country roads will look like the old pictures of the model T's "back in the day" (not MY day-I ain't that old yet!!)
    Anyone wanting any snow can sure come get all they want. You won't put a dent in what we have!!!
    J.Roy

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cruz View Post
    Well this is what it looks like around here. After setttling and after the sun hit it for a while...
    Very pretty, do you get much snow in W Maryland is it usually rain? Im originally from SE Mass an we used ot gte alot more rian along the coast and you move inland 20 miles and it was all snow.