Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paint for the Mustard Goddess

Paint for the Mustard Goddess

Hey all,

I'm currently building a 4' x 8' CNC for my shop, so I can cut lathe jigs etc, and plan on painting the face of the pieces that wonderful mustard yellow and edging it with black paint .

I took a piece of my lathe into work with me at Wally World and went over to the paint area and stuck it into the color match system. Using their Colorplace paint, I grabbed a Quart of Satin and mixed some up...can barely see any difference so thought I'd share the formula with you if you need some as well.

You can use Semi-Gloss, Satin, Eggshell, or Flat sheen and an Accent Base or equivalent for either Colorplace, Behr, Sherwin Williams, Kilz etc... and this formula for the Quart:

KX 46
    B 8
    C 1Y39.5
    I 2.5

Mike

Interesting. I just might repaint my Nova mustard.

Mustard Color

You can get the same from Lowes. I took the wrench from the 3520B and had them color match it so I could repaint the Excaliber overarm guard for my PM2000 from the Bright yellow to a PM mustard color.

Also, ended up painting the knee wall that wraps three walls of the shop with mustard gold with black pinstripes that match the scheme on the PM2000.

Rob
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Rob Damon; 02-13-2010 at 2:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Damon View Post
    You can get the same from Lowes. I took the wrench from the 3520B and had them color match it so I could repaint the Excaliber overarm guard for my PM2000 from the Bright yellow to a PM mustard color.

Also, ended up painting the knee wall that wraps three walls of the shop with mustard gold with black pinstripes that match the scheme on the PM2000.

Rob
    Rob, Nice shop!! Holy cow am I ever jealous, that place is nice and the colors look good!

Jeff
    To turn or not to turn that is the question: ........Of course the answer is...........TURN ,TURN,TURN!!!!
    Anyone "Fool" can know, The important thing is to Understand................Albert Einstein
    To follow blindly, is to never become a leader............................................ .....Unknown

Rob
    You guys in the Mustard Monster club are a sick bunch!! Man, building a shrine for the PM....how bad can it get?!?!?

We Delta owners, on the other hand, are a more humble bunch.....

LONG LIVE DELTA FORCE!!!

Thanks for the Mustard paint formula Mike.
    It will come in handy when I get around to making my self for my beast...

And Rob, that is going to be an over the top shop!
    Make sure to give us progress pics.

Talking The NOVA...

...crowd is silently strong, but the color scheme ain't nearly as cool...that's a great looking shop!

Rob
    Friggin awesome Rob! Show me some shots of the tools. How are they? Long time no talk

First off, thanks to all. But to make sure we have a touch of spinny thingy in the post....new accessory for the toy...
    3520web.jpg 3520Extweb.jpg

I was just going to hang the PM sign on the wall but it just didn't seem to click so...

IMG08943web.jpgPMlogoweb.jpg
    Sean, work has taken alot of my time, so the shop construction has taken back seat. I am working on the ceiling now, so the tools are getting shifted and covered most of the time as you can see.
    shop001web.jpg
    Rob

PS> Mike, sorry for highjacking the thread. I used gloss enamel on the metal overarm guard and after it had dried for several days, I went back and sprayed it with several clear coats of Rustoleum from can.
    Last edited by Rob Damon; 02-14-2010 at 10:14 AM. Reason: Shift photos

Rob, it looks great. Nice to see my babies, lol.

That sign was probably the most ill received promo Powermatic has run in a while. Don't think I had one customer who was thrilled about it. They tried though.

Has anything been used yet or has it just been a long setup process? It looks phenomenal and extremely well organized, kudos to you. I know how hard that can be.

Sean,

Yes everything except the PM DDS225 and the PM 719T are being used but it is a pain working around the construction.

Since I only have a portable dust collector to work with, it can't handle the DDS225. Once the ceilings are done, and I get my 5hp Cyclone assembled and duct work run, then I can start using it as well.

Rob

First off, thanks to all. But to make sure we have a touch of spinny thingy in the post....new accessory for the toy...

I was just going to hang the PM sign on the wall but it just didn't seem to click so...

Sean, work has taken alot of my time, so the shop construction has taken back seat. I am working on the ceiling now, so the tools are getting shifted and covered most of the time as you can see.

Rob

PS> Mike, sorry for highjacking the thread. I used gloss enamel on the metal overarm guard and after it had dried for several days, I went back and sprayed it with several clear coats of Rustoleum from can.

LoL, It's ok...I don't mind at all...just thought I'd share my Mustard formula and oh..btw..., my original post did have someting spinny mentioned. CNC to make LATHE jigs (cough) ha!

Y'know, if I owned a PM, the first thing I'd do is paint it......

White.

or blue.

or green.

or red.

or black.

Any color but that barf colored yellow...

Ducking for cover before some one hits me....

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Underwood View Post
    Any color but that barf colored yellow...
    C'mon silly, that's not barf yellow. It's baby poop yellow. And I sure like mine.

Powermatic. Not baby poop.

Powermatic is a little more classy than baby poopy...

More like "Grey Poupon Mustard".....

Rob