Thread: Bandsaw blade

Bandsaw blade

I'm only a neat freak when its bad, I threw away the package a great 3 tpi bandsaw blade came in without marking the blade. It may be a timberwolf. If you had an older 3/4 hp delta and you wanted a 1/2 inch blade and occassionally resaw 5 inches of walnut what blade would you buy. Problem is that I have that blade on the machine and want another and I'm just not sure what it is.

I would the timberwolf or olsen
    Dave

IN GOD WE TRUST
    USN Retired

I use 1/2" TW blades for resawing. Olsen for most other things.
    Last edited by Myk Rian; 02-14-2010 at 1:16 PM.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

I'd go w/ the Blade Runner from Iturra Design (same stock as WoodSlicer).

If I wanted bimetal I'd go w/ the .025" MK Morse or Olsen 3-TPI. The bimetal will outlast the Blade Runner between sharpenings. But the Blade Runner will cut faster when sharp, and I sharpen it myself when it starts to dull.

I have no idea what you have but the best inexpensive resaw blade by a long shot is the Woodslicer from Highland. $30 and is it is pretty universally accepted.

Bandsaw bladw

Wood Slicer. Just a guess, but I am at 1000 feet of resawing on the same $30 blade.

blade

I just received and tried the Woodslicer. Works great. 100% improvement. tracking is much better to. thanks

The old blade on your machine should probably be replaced, too. The lifespan of a steel bandsaw blade is only a few hours, most don't pay to resharpen, and the sign of a tired blade is the tracking starts to go.

Sort of like saying "Why should I have to sharpen my handplane... it is only a couple years old."