Thread: Exhaust Fans

Exhaust Fans

I am new to this group and I am hoping to learn from your collective experience. I have had an Epilog 12x24 since 2001. I need to get a new 4" exhaust fan (still using the original Jet 650). I would like something with a cfm rating of 600-800. I have tried searching online without much success. Any advice on sources/products from here would be greatly appreciated.

I'll bite: what's wrong with the Jet you're using now?
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Bad link..sorry.
    Last edited by Randy Digby; 02-15-2010 at 1:02 PM.
    Trotec Speedy 100 30W
    CorelDraw 2023
    EngraveLab 9
    Sublimation
    MillRight CNC Power Route Plus
    Duct Tape
    WD40

Lake Tapawingo, a suburb of Blue Springs, a suburb of Kansas City, MO. The Kansas City you know is in Missouri.
    There has been quite a bit of discussion here at SMC on that subject, you would do well to search the forum for more info, but bottom line: Harbor Freight.
    Tom Bull
    Epilog Legend, x3,X5, photograv, 30 year collection of misc. tools of all kinds.

Yeah Harbor Freight one is good if you like using hearing protection. Working on a flight line is quieter.

I need to get a nice quiet one !
    Epilog Helix 45
    Corel Draw X7
    Stepcraft 840 CNC
    Fully outfitted woodshop
    I'm a PC...........

Hi Bruce...

I've got a 12x24TT, 45 watt. A year ago I replaced my (very noisy, Harbor Freight type fan) with a heating/cooling system squirrel cage fan. I built it into the cabinet that the laser sits on top of...gives excellent air flow, and is relatively quiet.
    Jim Coffee
    James Coffee Studios
    Epilog 24TT, 45W, Nikon D7100, Corel Draw, PhotoShop CC, Lightroom CC, etc.
    Escondido, CA

RE: Exhaust Fans

Thanks to all for your input. My Jet fan with dying bearings has been replaced with a new Harbor Freight model which is virtually identical to the Jet. I lucked out as H.F. was having a sale on and I got the new fan at $40 off. As my fan is located in the attic, noise was not a critical issue - the Epilog drowns everything out (my old Legend was much quieter)
    bjminis.com
    Epilog Mini Helix 24, 45W, Corel Draw X4etc
    1/4" per foot scale miniatures

You can't put a flightline on the other side of a wall. Mine is sitting outside on the deck in a doghouse type box. I guess that won't work for everyone.

Be careful about putting things like that in the attic as a friend of mine almost lost their house when the fan in their A/C unit caught fire.

Harbor Freight isn't exactly known for selling top-quality equipment as most things they sell are the cheapest items from (unregulated) China that they can find.

People have said good things about this one:
    http://www.pennstateind.com/store/DC3XX.html

Bruce - As you probably searched and found, I just replaced my blower with a HF 31810. It's quiet enough for me and not as loud as the 94029 which it replaced.
    Epilog 40W Mini24, Corel X8 (64-bit), and two big fire extinguishers.