Thread: Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Thumbs down Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Past three weeks I have been getting this alot
    are you having issues with your server
    Mostly it has been late at night/ early morning
    but is happening now...
    again

Interesting, I thought it was just me

I have trouble from time to time as well. No rhyme or reason that I've noticed, but this is the only woodworking site that I tend to "not be able to find" when I of course am looking for it. I was blaming my internet connection, cause it's easy to do Will be interesting to hear what you find out ,Phil.

Phil,

Sounds like you've got a BHO (Browser Helper Object) messing with IE's connection, that or possibly some other malware has mucked things up for you.

Have you run any anti-spyware on your machine lately? Here's a couple I recommend, I keep Spybot running all the time (TeaTimer), MBAM will help get things cleaned up that Spybot misses. That one is both free and payfor, just get the free one for now, if you like it you can always pony up the cash.

Spybot Search & Destroy: http://www.safer-networking.org/index2.html
    Malwarebytes Anti-Malware: http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

Best of luck!

Chris

The best browser helper object for Internet Explorer

Quote Originally Posted by phil harold View Post
    Past three weeks I have been getting this alot
    are you having issues with your server
    Mostly it has been late at night/ early morning
    but is happening now...
    again
    Is FireFox. You can run 'em both and there's a few extensions for FireFox to use I.E. from within FireFox.

Blog Entries
    I wouldn't blame your browser. The Creek has been falling off the net quite a bit lately. I just attributed it to weather and their ISP. The next time you can't reach the Creek, browse to Google or some other large site. I think you'll find you can get there.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    I wouldn't blame your browser. The Creek has been falling off the net quite a bit lately. I just attributed it to weather and their ISP. The next time you can't reach the Creek, browse to Google or some other large site. I think you'll find you can get there.
    +1 on it not being the browser

when its down none of my browsers (IE8,Oprea,Firefox,Chrome) will connect to Sawmill Creek but, will go any where else...

oh well