Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Updated new question: What would you do? - Laguna Resawmaster

You really can't lose on this one. Consider this, if your cut is enough on the rest of the tools you might get the Laguna for your time to sell the other tools. Plus you could use it an at any time you need the cash the Laguna will bring more than $1,000 for a VERY long time. I would love to have that saw and if you were closer to me I would be trying to convince you to sell it...to me!

As a very satisfied owner of a LT18, I say find a way to keep it. A machine for this price will never show up again. And it is not just for resawing veneers.
    Whatever you will use a bandsaw for, this machine will do it and then some.

Quote Originally Posted by Van Huskey View Post
    [...] if you were closer to me I would be trying to convince you to sell it...to me!
    LOL, I was going to say exactly the same thing almost verbatim.

Mike

Ah man, what I wouldn't give for a Laguna bandsaw, let alone a resaw master

Okay so I kept it and got it wired up and fired up.

It really is a sweet machine. I'm still looking for a smaller bandsaw to do curves and such.

I'm glad I kept it but I still really need a smaller bandsaw too!
    Jeff Sudmeier

"It's not the quality of the tool being used, it's the skills of the craftsman using the tool that really matter. Unfortunately, I don't have high quality in either"

Blog Entries
    So, how many times would you want a blade smaller than 3/8", what cuts would I be limited on because I couldn't run a 1/4" blade? Could those cuts be made on a scrollsaw?
    That is a limitation of the GUIDES, not the saw. I use 3/16" blades on my Laguna without any problems. However, I install woodblocks as guides when I use blades smaller than 1/2". In other words, your big saw can do it all with some minor modifications (you can build the wood guides in your shop). Look at "cool blocks" to get an idea of what I'm talking about.

Yes, a scrollsaw would be able to make these cuts but would be harder to guide in a straight line (no fence) and would cut more slowly.

Glad that worked out for you. Big saw, big smile.

Plus one on what Greg said of the guides being the limiting factor. I have a re-saw master for 10 ten years now and swathed long ago to the ceramic guides, you have one nice saw there. The more you use it you will find that some of the ripping tasks you normally do on the table saw on solid stock, you will do on the band saw. You made a good choice IMO.
    tom.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Sudmeier View Post
    Okay so I kept it and got it wired up and fired up.

It really is a sweet machine. I'm still looking for a smaller bandsaw to do curves and such.

Awesome. You'll love it. You can rip stuff on it you wouldn't think of ripping quickly on a TS, and the next time you ram something 5 inches thick across it as fast as you can push, you'll be glad you got it.

I would've bought it in a heartbeat for that.