Thread: Mac photo's

Mac photo's

I view the Creek postings, and post occasionally. Several times I have read comments that there are problems posting photo's if you are using a Mac.

A few days ago someone asked for photo's of Hall Trees, so I tried to upload an old photo with Mac and Safari. I selected and composed the photo in iPhoto, and attached it to my post. Very simple. My hat is off to whoever set up the SMC system.

But there are probably other Mac users out there who were put off by the problem comments, and they need to be encouraged to post photo's.

I have had no problems posting photos from my Mac.

Blog Entries
    Heck, I use a Mac and it is easy.

I often use the Shift-Command-4 to capture the area of a picture that I want, rename the picture and then upload it.

I am not a computer guru. That is why I have a Mac.

If any of this is not working for you, open your system preferences and check your Keyboard & Mouse control panel. Then click the tab for Keyboard Shortcuts. It is all in there.

jim
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

I'm a Mac. No problems here. I export from iPhoto at a lower size, but I don't know if that is necessary with the current Creek software.

I just uploaded this photo - 1.2 Mb. A few seconds longer, but it still worked.

And no, I did not make this canoe. It was purchased from a boat-making artist by Sam Maloof, and hangs in his historical residence.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Veni Vidi Vendi Vente! I came, I saw, I bought a large coffee!

I don't have any problem uploading with my Mac and Safari. Some photos when viewing thumbnails will disappear quickly and then I have to view in another window. That I don't get.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Atkins View Post
    I don't have any problem uploading with my Mac and Safari. Some photos when viewing thumbnails will disappear quickly and then I have to view in another window. That I don't get.
    Is there a little ball on your mouse? Take your finger off of that when you are viewing images. Rolling that will make the image disappear.

jim
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)