Thread: What kind of contributors do you have here anyway?

What kind of contributors do you have here anyway?

Well now that I have your attention I can answer that question about one member. Jeff Nicol lives in my town and was kind enough to invite me to his shop on a number of occasions to discuss turning. I am new to it and had a ton of questions. The discussions bounced around quite a bit as each answer stimulated another question or idea. Jeff is extremely knowledgable and tolerated my questions well. When I mentioned something I discovered and thought it was a great idea Jeff would simply pull out the idea I presented and show me or tell me how to improve on it. Go figure. Jeff is an asset to the forum as a contributor. Well now that I have stroked his fur the right way maybe he will even invite me back for more questions. thanks Jeff.
    Richard Golde

I have also had an invitation from Jeff and I really need to go see him. I have looked at his website and it really seems he knows what he is doing.
    I am getting my garage shop re-organized and ready for my new lathe an Tuesday. Then I need to schedule a time with him.

I would venture that about 99% of the members here are willing to help on anything connected with turning. That is why this is such a special place. You are lucky to live close to one which makes it even better.

Got to stop in and spend a little time with Jeff and Mike. Had a lot of fun and highly recommend anyone who gets the chance to make the time!

Here is the proof: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=114361
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

I live a bit far away for a shop visit with Jeff, but I can say that I have purchased a steady from him, some wood, some tools, and exchanged a BUNCH of emails! Jeff is more than willing to help in any way possible - great guy.

And, on a personal note, this group has taken me in from the start, nurtured me, encouraged me, and provided an untold level of assistance, both directly and from the work they have done.

Richard, welcome to the creek, and I look forward to seeing some of your work as you spiral down the vortex!!!

Richard,

Welcome to the vortex. Jeff is the kind of guy that I'm sure that most of us aspire to be like. He recently provided me with invaluable information that allowed high school students to make a steady rest just like his. You are lucky to be close to someone with his experience, I'm sure that if he lived near me I would be bugging him all the time to make stuff.

Steve
    When all is said and done--more is usually said than done.

Jeff is top notch. Very knowledgable and has some great equipment. Always willing to share.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Need bigger doors now!

Richard, Thanks for the glowing review! I am blessed with skills and knowledge and access to tons of wood. These things give me the ability to share anything and everything with others. I truly enjoy the conversations we have had and look forward to more with you and any others who need or want to meet with me or keep in contact through the internet.

Open invites to anyone who is in the area and wants to stop in and chat. I am here most of the time unless it is hunting season! I am getting some turnings done this weekend to put in the new gallery that is representing me and finishing some steady rests.

Richard I was thinking about the wood drying system today and I have some ideas to bounce off you.

Thank you everyone for the extra boosts to my esteem, I now have to get bigger doors so my head will fit through!

Have a great weekend all!

Jeff
    To turn or not to turn that is the question: ........Of course the answer is...........TURN ,TURN,TURN!!!!
    Anyone "Fool" can know, The important thing is to Understand................Albert Einstein
    To follow blindly, is to never become a leader............................................ .....Unknown

Well Jeff your a pretty handy guy, I'm sure you can figure out how to increase your shop doors so your head will fit in there again. If not I'm sure the wife can knock you back down a notch or two if she has too.

Still hoping to be able to sneak over there soon before my spring work hits. Glad to hear your feeling better!
    "If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy" -Red Green

I need to go fishing now, though.....

Well here in the great and cold state of Wisconsin, the last of the ice fishing for game fish ends in a couple weeks and I sure would like to get out on the ice and do some fishing. The weather is getting nicer and I need a little break. So Tuesday is the day and I will get some needed fresh air and goof off time.

Matt, Whenever you can get over this way that is good, I hope everyone is feeling better on your end too.

I like having friends!!!!

Thanks all,

Jeff
    To turn or not to turn that is the question: ........Of course the answer is...........TURN ,TURN,TURN!!!!
    Anyone "Fool" can know, The important thing is to Understand................Albert Einstein
    To follow blindly, is to never become a leader............................................ .....Unknown