I know there's various information elsewhere on this site and others about tuning up band saws I've read a lot of it and continue to work my way through more but I had a couple of more specific questions for this band saw.

1) When balancing the wheels how much should I take off at a time, what size bit should I use how deep is safe? I know each situation is a little different but I don't want to take a light pass with an 1/8" bit when I should have used a 1/32" or 1/4". Where do you guys usually start how slow should I go?

2) I've ordered poly tires should I wait for those to arrive before balancing the wheel, should balancing be done without any tire on so it's really just the wheel that's being balanced?

3) The rubber mounts for the motor are making it really hard to keep the pulleys co-planner, even with lighter tension on the belt then I'm really happy with the motor pulley gets pulled in so much that even when I set the motor to skew 3-4 degrees wide I end up 2-3 degrees inside when I put the belt on. Did anyone else experience this how did you deal with it? I've tried adding a link belt which helped but not as much I'd hoped. Should I ignore the instructions and torque the bolts down more, I'm using the inner most mounting holes because of the way the pulleys were set at the factory but I also considered pushing the pulleys as close to the motor and saw as possible to try and use the second set of holes I'm not sure if that will fit though.

As always any help/advice would be great.

Thanks!