Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: #14 Walnut Vase

John...ya gotta get a buffing system..well worth it!

Quote Originally Posted by John Keeton View Post
    .... I feel like I am wearing you all out with posting every piece I do. Sorry for hogging bandwidth!!
    No need to be sorry, you are quite the inspiration.

Quote Originally Posted by John Keeton View Post
    I do not have a buffing system....yet, so I just hand buff with 0000. Seems to work well since it is a satin finish anyway.
    I don't own any stock in Craftsupplies or any other turning supply outfit (Although I wish I did every time someone comes down with the turning virus) so I'm not promoting any thing here. But I would also suggest you look at a 3 wheel buffing system. Over the last few years I've gone through different phases of what finish I like best, oil, poly, lacquer, etc. I've hand buffed with different waxes, even used an old buffing wheel on an old grinder, and overall I thought I was getting a pretty good finish. Then my wife and kids gave me a Beall system for Christmas. So I've been going back and buffing some of my older stuff and using it on my new work. I'm just blown away by the difference it makes. A while back this link to buffing was posted http://www.woodturnerruss.com/Wax/Wax-6-Buffing-b.html and it's really a great tutorial on buffing.

Nice piece of wood and you did it justice.

Toney

Mr. Keeton you are on a grand and very fast paced journey, very deep into the vortex!!! Great job!
    ----------------
    Mike

They say money does not grow on trees! I believe it takes a wood turner to reveal the hidden natural treasures in a tree.

Toney and Mike, thanks for looking and for the comments!!

Curt, Ted, I have looked at the Beall system and they were demo'ing it at Woodcraft a month or so ago. It is probably on the short list of things I "have to have." I can see where it would make a real difference in the quality of a piece.

Joe, unless I can climb out of this vortex, you may get sick of seeing my turnings!!