Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Incra/Jessem gloat.

Blog Entries

My Incra/Jessem gloat.

I always wanted the best of both worlds. Guess what.....I got it. Perry at Incra is just great to deal with. I can only say good things about the whole company. BUT......I really wanted a feed mechanism that moved more fluidly. When I called Jessem and asked if the miter slide would work with an incra fence, It was like I was cussing in church. I decided to take the chance anyway and order the miter slide. With some very minor mods it worked out perfectly. Now I have the grab handle with the sliding tube AND the ultimate in accuracy you get with an incra fence. (It'll split a sharp pencil line 24 times) Here is my contraption.
    What you listen to is your business....what you hear is ours.

A very fine looking contraption it is, indeed! Enjoy. I imagine it would have been fun to hear your conversation with the Jessem person.........
    Stephen Edwards
    Hilham, TN 38568

"Build for the joy of it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Wyko View Post
    I always wanted the best of both worlds. Guess what.....I got it. Perry at Incra is just great to deal with. I can only say good things about the whole company. BUT......I really wanted a feed mechanism that moved more fluidly. When I called Jessem and asked if the miter slide would work with an incra fence, It was like I was cussing in church. I decided to take the chance anyway and order the miter slide. With some very minor mods it worked out perfectly. Now I have the grab handle with the sliding tube AND the ultimate in accuracy you get with an incra fence. (It'll split a sharp pencil line 24 times) Here is my contraption.
    I have the Jessem Router table and have had the same idea for the last 2 years. I've been spoiled with my Incra LS-TS on my Jet contractor saw and wanted the same accurate adjustment I so love.

Can you provide details on how you set this up so I can do the same?

Thanks,

Louis

Now this is thought provoking.

YES, PLEASSSSSSSSSSE

let us know how you set it up. I want to do the same thing !!!
    MARK

And, how about a couple close up photos ??
    MARK

question

i have looked at this jessem tool. it seems like overkill for over 200 dollars. also what does it do that any miter gauge in at slot doesnt do? if you have a miter slot in your router table why not just use a miter gauge in that.

Quote Originally Posted by robert micley View Post
    i have looked at this jessem tool. it seems like overkill for over 200 dollars. also what does it do that any miter gauge in at slot doesnt do? if you have a miter slot in your router table why not just use a miter gauge in that.
    Bill is my BIL, so I can answer for him on this account. The Jessem Miter rides on the INCRA positioner. This gives you a super, no slop miter that can be repeatedly positioned anywhere on the table. Invaluable for making dovetails, box joints, etc.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by robert micley View Post

I have no miter slot on my router table. This allows me absolute accuracy right over the bit. Even slop in a miter slot will show in the work I do.

Blog Entries
    The way I did this was simple. I just used 2, 3/4"h x 1"w x 1-1/2" L blocks and spaced it higher. I'll ad pics shortly.

I noticed you also have the wonder fence. Do you need to take the wonder fence off to use the jessem?

~mark

Blog Entries
    Yes for now. If I build an extender to move it away from the fence it'll still work. What I want to do is have a couple blocks of aluminum made so It can be set up either way easily.

Blog Entries
    A little update. It works great. I even use an incra shop stop to stop the throw of the Jessem. I think this is a match made in heaven. It has real solid control and having the stop there to limit the throw really is a nice touch. I'll post more pics next week.

Sounds great, Bill! Now maybe you'll finally be able to put some quality into your work, as it's really been lacking so far!
    Can't wait to see what you turn out next! keep those humi pics coming.

Since you guys are know so much about these two jigs I am wondering if you could share some insights about these two jigs that might steer me to one or the other since I want to buy one or the other? Thanks